Help with A2 Photography Essay

Watch this thread
Ajsski99
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all,
I am having a little trouble during my A-level Photography essay. My title is "How accurately does Documentary Photography show a narrative?" we've been instructed to have an introduction of around 600 words, and a total word count of 3000. We've also been told to include multiple photographers and study their work, but I am not quite sure how to structure the essay and how to start the essay off. I have tried to start off by looking for templates and examples but cannot seem to find any.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Ajsski99
Plymouth College Of Art
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Hi Ajsski99,

When structuring an essay like this, it's easiest to split it up into sections with different topics, for example, "contemporary" and "historical". Make a plan with each chapter having a different topic like those two examples, sandwiched in between an introduction and conclusion. If I were you, I would figure out the sections/topics and some visual examples of each before you try to start writing; that way you can compare and contrast the photographic examples within the context of 'narrative'.

Hope this helps,
Harriet
Third Year Photography Student and Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.13%
The paper was reasonable (136)
37.16%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
29.51%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed