The Student Room Group

Tired all the time?

I get home from school, and I’m exhausted.
(Also I’m a guy in year 12 if that helps)

I can’t seem to do any work or anything productive. Also, once it gets past 6pm on weekends , I’m also too tired to do anything

I wish I could have even energy throughout the day, but it seems to come in huge spikes and then dip down to really low lows.
My mood also changes wildly and this correlates directly with my energy. Usual day is like this: I start the day feeling ok, then around 2/3 hours later I’m extremely high energy, bubbly, talkative (kind of annoying tbh 😂)
Then maybe an hour later I’m extremely tired, grumpy, quiet, usually quite sad as well
And THEN maybe an hour or two later I start feeling better and get a spike of energy.
By the end of the day, I go back to a low and this is when I feel too tired to do anything.
Sometimes, my mood fluctuates on a way larger time scale. Like, I’ll have an entire day of being extremely happy and energetic- and then the next day I can barely get out of bed.

:/ any help?
Reply 1
Seems hormonal issue...........seek medical advice
Reply 2
Original post by grKiro
Seems hormonal issue...........seek medical advice

So about seeing a doctor: do your parents still have to come with you if you’re 16? Also, do you have to call ahead to make an appointment or can you just walk in?
Sorry if those seem like dumb questions, but I literally have no clue about anything when it comes to doctors
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So about seeing a doctor: do your parents still have to come with you if you’re 16? Also, do you have to call ahead to make an appointment or can you just walk in?
Sorry if those seem like dumb questions, but I literally have no clue about anything when it comes to doctors

You may visit without parents but i personally think its better if someone with you and yes! you need to make an appointment, unless its emergency....
Reply 4
Original post by grKiro
You may visit without parents but i personally think its better if someone with you and yes! you need to make an appointment, unless its emergency....

Reply 5

My pleasure :smile:

I can’t seem to do any work or anything productive. Also, once it gets past 6pm on weekends , I’m also too tired to do anything

I wish I could have even energy throughout the day, but it seems to come in huge spikes and then dip down to really low lows.
My mood also changes wildly and this correlates directly with my energy. Usual day is like this: I start the day feeling ok, then around 2/3 hours later I’m extremely high energy, bubbly, talkative (kind of annoying tbh 😂)
Then maybe an hour later I’m extremely tired, grumpy, quiet, usually quite sad as well
And THEN maybe an hour or two later I start feeling better and get a spike of energy.
By the end of the day, I go back to a low and this is when I feel too tired to do anything.
Sometimes, my mood fluctuates on a way larger time scale. Like, I’ll have an entire day of being extremely happy and energetic- and then the next day I can barely get out of bed.

I feel exactly the same! I’m in year 12 and I’m also a guy, I started worrying that I had some sort of traumatic brain injury or some serious medical health condition, however I can say that this is perfectly normal at our age it’s due to fluctuations of our hormones. Dopamine and serotonin play a major role in feelings of extreme joy and hyperactivity, when you do not have enough dopamine you may start to feel grumpy, tired and depressed. I hope this helps and good luck with your a levels!
I’m tired after a 10 hour sleep lol
Original post by Mustafa0605
I’m tired after a 10 hour sleep lol

😂 I’m tired after 12 hours sometimes

I had the same problem. If you want to change this you MUST; trust me, you MUST
1. Sleep at the same time EVERY SINGLE DAY; this can vary by an hour on weekends.
2. Wake up at the same time EVERY SINGLE DAY; this can also vary by an hour on weekends.
3. Most important, get 8 hours of sleep
4. Eat foods that give you a lot of energy

The above is from my experience and it has removed my tiredness after school, hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest