Distractions during Exam.. Watch

Sifr
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Maybe a similar thread has been started..if so..my apologies..

Just wanted to know what distracts you..and anything that may have happend to you in the recent exams we all did.

Me:

I spent 10mins of one of my English exams staring at the gorgeous Hunk on the Leaflet they'd given us about Animal Protection I think it was..
warblade
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love to look at the invigilator and try to think whether they are thinking that I'm cheating hahaha I know it's weird but I spend a good 15 minutes normally doing that. And specially at Uni as 2 hours is far too long for most of my exams
luk333
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
in an exam, when trying to not get distracted, makes me even more distractable! im sitting there looking at my shoes thinking 'hmmmm, need another pair of these'!
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
In my first maths exam we could hear the diggers from the building work & when we were in the drama studio for biology could here all the younger kids playing as it was lunchtime for the rest of the school both of which were very distracting.
SarahhhD
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Toliet; 2x in 3 hours, I have to frantically appologize to them.
The examiner walking upto me and going "You know you have 25% Extra time" which happerns in every exam
My friend's nose starting to blead during exams.
other people leaving when I'm doing my extra time.
Mittalmar
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When the invigilator said Lord of the Rings instead of Lord of the Flies But seriously it's all about location the colour of exam venue can be therapeutic or head ache inducing. Also as bottom of register person I always get shunted about to some overflow room with a single inviligator which is rather frustrating.
dandon_30
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
.when a song gets stuck in my mind..and i keep on repeating the song while i solve!
- people coughing or noise from outside of the hall
- the sound of the exam papers flipping makes me panic ,as i take my time solving questions while others skip or are simply faster solvers lool!
natasha02
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
clock ticking
invigilators
clearing of throats

and most anooying of all...agree with dandon- when a song gets stuck in ur head...ughhhhh
OllyThePhilosopher
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ekalB)
Good looking invigilators
I wish I had that distraction . If anything, the most distracting things are the moles on their faces.
XxCurly-TopxX
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
when the invigilators eat sweets with papers!
damn Worthers!
and they always open them soooo slowly!
ggahhh!
Sifr
Rep:
?
(Original post by ekalB)
Good looking invigilators

When I had a twich hahaha

Invigilators standing over me, pacing up and down or sneezing.

When some of the stupid invilgilators (dinner lady) whisper argh I woudl rather they spoke aloud normally!

When I'm right in the corner of the hall which is next to the practice room for drums...

When my exams clashed and so some of us had to go in a room to do our business exam and again the dinnerlady didn't keep exam conditions and there were people talking and constantly asking to borrow my calculator... it was a 1hr 45min exam to :|

When the desks move.

People being generally noisy outside the examination hall and so I cannot concentrate or actually hear the tape in listening exams.

Yes I want to leave this school

Thats a long list..I think I experience many of the same problems too.
Sifr
Rep:
?
(Original post by OllyThePhilosopher)
I wish I had that distraction . If anything, the most distracting things are the moles on their faces.
LOOOL!
Sifr
Rep:
?
(Original post by dandon_30)
.when a song gets stuck in my mind..and i keep on repeating the song while i solve!
- people coughing or noise from outside of the whole.
- the osund of the exma papers flipping makes me panic as i take my time solving questions while others skip or are sinply faster lool!

My friend has the same problem with the songs..
She say's she keeps hearing P Diddy's I'll be missing you...and occasionaly
Shayne Ward's Breathless.
Fillette
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh God. When I was doing my A2 Biology Synoptic, some awful biatch kept on sniffing really loudly in the row next to me, so I couldn't concentrate just as it was getting to the most difficult part. I was very distracted, and I hope I don't get a U because of it Well, if I do, that biyatch is going DOWN BABY DOWN! :ninja:
dandon_30
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
during my o-levels it was shakira's hips don't lie!! looooool!!
Sifr
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fillette)
Oh God. When I was doing my A2 Biology Synoptic, some awful biatch kept on sniffing really loudly in the row next to me, so I couldn't concentrate just as it was getting to the most difficult part. I was very distracted, and I hope I don't get a U because of it Well, if I do, that biyatch is going DOWN BABY DOWN! :ninja:
lol..I had the same problem.
I offered to teach the girl how to blow her nose after the exam ended.
Greatleysteg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well in my English synoptic, I was in the corner, at the very back, and it was also dark (past the gym windows).

The person next to me also kept taking out a cheat sheet/crib notes and cheating, which rustled a lot. He also kept asking me what to write. I was terrified of being caught.
Marsha2112
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Noise!
I am one of those who can't just block things out of my mind. In my English end of year there was some girl who just coughed every 30 seconds for ages. I was getting so annoyed, but when I got out of the exam and commented about it everyone was like "What coughing?", and they were too stuck in the exam to hear. >_< Wish I could do that! =[
JocastaJackal
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
In my AS English exam, this boy behnd me was sprawling out with his legs against my chair and kept kicking it and putting me off. I didn't think to report him during the exam as I was already running out of time and afterwards it slipped my mind to report it. Ended up dropping almost 2 grades from my average in English x_x
aaloo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
During the Chem AEA, there were only 4 of us in a giant empty exam hall.. so the very bored invigilator decided to straighten every single desk and chair around us for THREE hours, complete with the scraping noises of metal legs against the floor.

Luckily, I tuned it out after about 10 mins, but jeeeez.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (100)
39.68%
No - but I will (12)
4.76%
No - I don't want to (16)
6.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (124)
49.21%

Watched Threads