The Student Room Group

Is my pay bellow than average?

I have had a job at 16 since August 2019 till present and am earning £6.10. I have believed this to be a good pay but now my friends have come out with a pay of £9.00 an hour, £9.20 an hour and £6.50 an hour? Is my pay the weird one?
It’s above minimum wage so it’s fine. When I was 16, I worked at Sainsbury’s and got £9.20 an hour so if you want a higher pay then maybe work at a supermarket?
Original post by AmbulanceMeerkat
I have had a job at 16 since August 2019 till present and am earning £6.10. I have believed this to be a good pay but now my friends have come out with a pay of £9.00 an hour, £9.20 an hour and £6.50 an hour? Is my pay the weird one?

no, you're under 18 so it's fine
Original post by OR321
It’s above minimum wage so it’s fine. When I was 16, I worked at Sainsbury’s and got £9.20 an hour so if you want a higher pay then maybe work at a supermarket?

My friend also works at Sainsbury’s, maybe Sainsbury’s are just loaded or something?
My friend also works at Sainsbury’s, maybe Sainsbury’s are just loaded or something?

Nahhh. I think all main supermarkets pay Atleast £8. I did a Christmas temp at Tesco and got £8.50 there
Original post by OR321
Nahhh. I think all main supermarkets pay Atleast £8. I did a Christmas temp at Tesco and got £8.50 there

Guess McDonald’s don’t pay that much then. To be fair they were the last place I asked and only ones to even respond
Guess McDonald’s don’t pay that much then. To be fair they were the last place I asked and only ones to even respond

Well try and get a Christmas job at Tesco. They usually hire easily and they keep on a lot of staff permanently too. Good luck ✌️
Original post by OR321
Well try and get a Christmas job at Tesco. They usually hire easily and they keep on a lot of staff permanently too. Good luck ✌️

Thanks you
When I was working at Morrison’s in 2016, everyone’s (standard colleague, non-management) hourly wage was £8.20.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending