The Student Room Group

Tiredness

Hi

When I’m reading /studying it reaches around 11pm and literal I get this sudden wave of uncontrollable tiredness I can literally feel my eyes forcefully shutting and my body feel so weak I can’t even hold my head up

What’s the best way to push past extreme tiredness and not let it take over you ?
Keep focused and not let tiredness ruin my reading and studying ??
Original post by hangulmaster
Hi

When I’m reading /studying it reaches around 11pm and literal I get this sudden wave of uncontrollable tiredness I can literally feel my eyes forcefully shutting and my body feel so weak I can’t even hold my head up

What’s the best way to push past extreme tiredness and not let it take over you ?
Keep focused and not let tiredness ruin my reading and studying ??

Whilst it is good that you are committed to your studies, it is important to take care of your physical health too. Try to manage your time so you aren't revising too late at night - the fact that you are feeling very tired is a sign you should rest! Bear in mind studying will be much more effective when you are alert and awake. Doing so when you are tired will probably mean you will forget a lot of what you read.
Then sleep? Revise during the day if you must. Sleep is bloody important. No sleep and 5 hours of crappy revision is certainly worse than an hour of good, smart revision while conscious.
Yeah. As above. Avoid working when you're sleepy or tired because it won't go into your head and even if it does the recall will be bad.

If it's a piece of coursework or something then it's a different tjing, eg. You can complete tasks like essays even if you're tired, but for actually learning you need to be awake.
Sleep.

Quick Reply

Latest