The Student Room Group

What would you do?

Say you had a best friend. This best friend doesnt live near you (England/N.Ireland). You've said you cant really see this friend during summer, and you havent spoken to them a whole lot recently.

This friend tells you they may be pregnant. They say they really dont wanna go through the process of finding out alone and could they come see you to have a bit of time away etc. They offer to stop in a hotel so arent putting your family out.

What would you do?
Would you agree for them to come over, would you suggest they stop with you. Or would you say no completely,considering you said you cant see them and have commitments such as work etc.
Well if they have chosen to be with you specifically, I think you should agree to see them. I'm not sure about letting them stay with you, I'd suppose you'd have to check with your family but having them stay with you for a day or two would seem the most desirable option.
Reply 2
A friend in need is a friend indeed...
Of course i would, its not like they're asking you to go to thiers, and its not like theyre requesting to stay in your house, why would you not if she was your "best mate", some mate you are if you have to even considerate it and ask on a forum for opinions
Reply 4
if it would be inconvenient to you then let her stay in a hotel, but definitely make the time to see her. She is going to all that trouble to go over and see you, the least you can do is give her some time
Reply 5
Personally i'd offer her to stay at mine (If it was ok with parents etc).
Even if that wasnt possible of course id see them.

They obviously trust you because its you they've turned to, they're going to the effort of coming over to see you so i think the least you could do would be to see them. Sounds like they need somebody.
I would let her stay, and (depending on her age) if her parents knew about her possible pregnancy let her stay at mine
Reply 7
Personally I would let my friend stay at my house, obviously ask my parents first though. She obviously considers you to a close friend even though you havent spoken to or seen her for a while. Good Luck for you and your friend.

Latest