What shall I do? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi guys, I don't really know why I'm writing this but I'm confused. I'm currently doing my A Levels (Year 12) and I'm basically just scared for the future. I feel so much pressure to do well after GCSE's and just my whole life tbh. I'm scared to move on sixth form and just so many other things. I find myself crying more than I ever have in the past like ever. I don't know if I should let the school know because I don't want to be a burden to anyone. Maybe I should just stay quiet and it will eventually pass.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi guys, I don't really know why I'm writing this but I'm confused. I'm currently doing my A Levels (Year 12) and I'm basically just scared for the future. I feel so much pressure to do well after GCSE's and just my whole life tbh. I'm scared to move on sixth form and just so many other things. I find myself crying more than I ever have in the past like ever. I don't know if I should let the school know because I don't want to be a burden to anyone. Maybe I should just stay quiet and it will eventually pass.
Have you ever experienced anxiety or depression due to this pressure? When i was your age (i’m 22 now) i was really anxious about life. I know you won’t believe me because i didn’t believe it too but gcse’s are irrelevant so long as you have pooh’s grades. In the real world the only thing people actually care about is your degree: a good degree at a good uni will
set you up for life - of course to get their you usually need good alevels. However i got into a very competitive course at a good uni and got CDD... clearing is a life saver.
Also when i was your age i was obsessed with the idea of whether i’ll find a boyfriend, friends, myself! And i found all those things.
Positivity and hard work go a very long way
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Just understand that yiur feelings are natural and you are growing up!. Just do your best, sort out a proper study timetable. Do 3hrs of quality after school study each day. And work hard and play hard and stop worrying and sleep and eat well ok? feel better now?
Anonymous #1
Have you ever experienced anxiety or depression due to this pressure? When i was your age (i’m 22 now) i was really anxious about life. I know you won’t believe me because i didn’t believe it too but gcse’s are irrelevant so long as you have pooh’s grades. In the real world the only thing people actually care about is your degree: a good degree at a good uni will
set you up for life - of course to get their you usually need good alevels. However i got into a very competitive course at a good uni and got CDD... clearing is a life saver.
Also when i was your age i was obsessed with the idea of whether i’ll find a boyfriend, friends, myself! And i found all those things.
Positivity and hard work go a very long way
I don't think I have experienced it before, normally I just ignore it as it's not something I would want people to know or burden people with. I guess you're right I just hate feeling like this haha thank you for the advice tho
imstrugglingg
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I felt the same in year 12 (im in year 13 now) and I decided to let my sixth form leadership team know, it helped so much. I felt so under pressure from doing well at GCSE level and wanting to go to a RG university, I struggled to get into A levels and failed a lot of my topic tests which made me so anxious and depressed - but telling my sixth form really helped and lifted a lot of the pressure off my shoulders. They suggested things that would help me through A Levels, offered me extra study periods with a supervisor and let my teacher know how i felt which relieved a lot of pressure - sometimes just being able to have a chat with someone who knew how I felt and what was going on helped me. I struggle with anorexia, anxiety and depression and sometimes a teacher checking if i had eaten and taken my antidepressants really got me through AS Levels. Without telling them I probably would have felt so much worse. So in conclusion i would tell them, you've got nothing to lose and yo are in no way a burden, lots of us feel this way - hopefully it will help
DR.DOOM
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I had the same problem in year 12 and I told my parents and very close friends. From there everything better. It's about telling the people closest to you because they will guide you in dealing with these issues
Mustafa0605
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You don’t need to be scared. Just try your best, treat every mock exam as the real thing and don’t stop studying for more than a couple of days
Anonymous #1
(Original post by imstrugglingg)
I felt the same in year 12 (im in year 13 now) and I decided to let my sixth form leadership team know, it helped so much. I felt so under pressure from doing well at GCSE level and wanting to go to a RG university, I struggled to get into A levels and failed a lot of my topic tests which made me so anxious and depressed - but telling my sixth form really helped and lifted a lot of the pressure off my shoulders. They suggested things that would help me through A Levels, offered me extra study periods with a supervisor and let my teacher know how i felt which relieved a lot of pressure - sometimes just being able to have a chat with someone who knew how I felt and what was going on helped me. I struggle with anorexia, anxiety and depression and sometimes a teacher checking if i had eaten and taken my antidepressants really got me through AS Levels. Without telling them I probably would have felt so much worse. So in conclusion i would tell them, you've got nothing to lose and yo are in no way a burden, lots of us feel this way - hopefully it will help
I'm literally feeling the pressure you were talking about! like ofc I am so glad I got the grades at GCSE but I stayed at my skwls sixth form so I can feel the expectation to do well. Besides this, also the personal pressure of wanting to go to a RG and get good grades. I honestly just struggle to approach a teacher and ask for help, it is such a scary and awkward thing to do.
imstrugglingg
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm literally feeling the pressure you were talking about! like ofc I am so glad I got the grades at GCSE but I stayed at my skwls sixth form so I can feel the expectation to do well. Besides this, also the personal pressure of wanting to go to a RG and get good grades. I honestly just struggle to approach a teacher and ask for help, it is such a scary and awkward thing to do.
It took me weeks to prepare myself to just let them know, i know how scary and anxiety filled it can be! my advice if you do decide to let school know, is that in the end it will work out and things will get better eventually, even if it does take time - dont rush or force yourself to tell them if you're not ready as it may make you feel mentally worse! good luck
Anonymous #1
(Original post by imstrugglingg)
It took me weeks to prepare myself to just let them know, i know how scary and anxiety filled it can be! my advice if you do decide to let school know, is that in the end it will work out and things will get better eventually, even if it does take time - dont rush or force yourself to tell them if you're not ready as it may make you feel mentally worse! good luck
The thing is I don't mind the school knowing or like a teacher but I don't want my family and friends to find out as I don't want them to worry about me all the time or feel like they have to act different around me.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
The thing is I don't mind the school knowing or like a teacher but I don't want my family and friends to find out as I don't want them to worry about me all the time or feel like they have to act different around me.
But this is also about getting help from people whom you trust and who presumably love you. What happens if things go wrong and the school knew but your parents were not told? In a strange sort of way it is your pride that is stopping you telling your family!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (235)
66.57%
No (118)
33.43%

Watched Threads