What Books to get?! For uni? Watch

Juggy123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Just wondering im going to start a business management degree or a economics degree at university, most likely a business management degree was wondering what books i should purchase or have to purchase at university? if any.
*River
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nothing until you get a reading list and your lectures have advised if it's worth buying anything. In general, you should find that you don't need to buy many (if any at all) books because you can get hold of them in the library. They are very expensive, and in most cases (unless it's a major text that accompanies a module) you'll probably find that you don't get your money's worth.
Bebbs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
dont buy books before you go there. Books tend to run somewhere between £30-50 per module. Definatly wait until you get a reading list
Persipan
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Plus when you get there you may find that you can buy books cheaper second-hand.
musicbloke
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Or you can always use the libraries at uni. Radical suggestion I know.

MB
CheesyBeans
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It always makes me laugh when people are really enthusiastic about getting all their books for uni.

As the others have said, wait until you see your readding list. I wouldn't buy any books if I were you as they will be expensive and you can easily get them from the uni library. They can be resevered and renewed and there's normally quite a few copies of the most important, core text books. As long as you don't leave it until the last minute, you should have no problem getting what you need without forking out loads of money.

If you really want to buy some books, ask your lecturers which text books may come in handy throughout your entire course rather than for just one module of one year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads