The Student Room Group

Do I change universities??

So I have the chance to change universities (either restart year 1 at the new uni or transfer to year 2)

The uni I’m at now is really close to home and I like the course, but it’s not ranked very highly (i.e. it’s not a Russell group). The new one is a bit further from home and it’s a top 10 uni. The courses are very similar, so I don’t know what to do! I know a degree from the new uni would be more well respected, but there’s nothing to say I couldn’t do a masters at that uni after finishing my degree without moving

Does anyone have any advice?

Which subject?
Original post by Meowgi256
Which subject?

Zoology
Original post by MiracleLeaf
Zoology

You just need to look at what your priorities are. Whether that's being close to home, getting a better degree with better job prospects, the friends you've already made at your current uni etc. They're all compelling reasons, but only you can know what are your biggest priorities.
You just need to look at what your priorities are. Whether that's being close to home, getting a better degree with better job prospects, the friends you've already made at your current uni etc. They're all compelling reasons, but only you can know what are your biggest priorities.

I just keep going back and forth between the two. I decided to stay at my current uni during the summer, then regretted it, but now I’m worried I’ll regret moving to the other uni ! 😩
Original post by MiracleLeaf
I just keep going back and forth between the two. I decided to stay at my current uni during the summer, then regretted it, but now I’m worried I’ll regret moving to the other uni ! 😩

I think sometimes it's worth taking a risk. I'd move to the new university. Worst case scenario you dont like it - but it doesnt seem that you're that bowled over by your current uni anyway. I think you'd regret it if you didnt take the chance and would constantly wonder if it would've been the right choice.
I think sometimes it's worth taking a risk. I'd move to the new university. Worst case scenario you dont like it - but it doesnt seem that you're that bowled over by your current uni anyway. I think you'd regret it if you didnt take the chance and would constantly wonder if it would've been the right choice.

I think you’re right , thanks :smile:
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending