Seem to be "loosing" my friends Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Please keep this anonymous, or delete.

One of my closest friends has recently got into a new relationship. I'm happy for him as this is the first girlfriend he has had in about 2 years. Since he got into his new relationship last week, he hasn't kept in contact that much - we used to text once a day, usually with him making contact first, but we've not spoken in a few days now. IF the relationship between them was to ever end, I only wonder that he would start talking to me everyday again. I know its understandable to be so inflatuated when one first gets into a relationship that everything else goes out the window so to speak, but I don't want our friendship to run dry because he is a good friend of mine. I'm not sure what to do really. If he doesn't seem to care about our friendship, is it worth it? What do you think?
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
He's probably just in the early stages & wants to spend time with the girlfriend. You could hint at how much you miss him as a friend, and ask him to go do something some time.
Punk Phloyd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Losing*.
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
i'm kind of like in your situation op. my best guy friend is seeing this bird and i'm more than thrilled for him, but this also means less time with me and catering to his gf more. obviously he needs to balance his love life and friends but i wouldn't take it to heart because i'm sure you can understand where he is coming from, espeicially if it's the early stages of the relationship. it's sad but these things do happen. maybe you can talk to him about it, but be tactful. sorry i couldn't be of more help.
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah its the initial pahse, give him a couple weeks and he wont get off the phone to you complaining about her
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.11%
No - but I will (46)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (50)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.67%

Watched Threads