Anee_rk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hey right now I’m in year 11 and I really would like advice on how to survive this year, revision techniques (especially in English), things I shouldn’t do and should do. Thank youuu

isabelwade.x
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Year 11 seems impossible at the time, but trust me, you can get through it, and the summer afterwards is the best ever General tips I would have is to set up a REALISTIC revision timetable, and to revise seriously for all the mocks you have as if they were the real exams, that way by the time it gets to May/June, its not as scary. Another important thing is to get parents or relatives or whoever to test you on your notes, that really helped me.

Specific advice for English - I'd say start early and make plot summaries, quotes cards, and context notes for each text you study, and then recombine these into mindmaps for each theme in the text if that makes sense? So for example, I studied an Inspector Calls, and I made a summary for each act, quote cards for each character, context notes for the whole period, and then when I made a mindmap on a theme such a love and relationships, I combined all my other notes onto this which helped condense it down and make it easier to remember.

If you want anymore tips or subject advice, feel free to pm me, happy to help
Anee_rk
Rep:
?
Thank you so much for the advice it really helps. I can’t wait for GCSEs to finish. English is definitely a subject I struggle with especially in revising, thank you for the tips!
Heather_B
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anee_rk)
Hey right now I’m in year 11 and I really would like advice on how to survive this year, revision techniques (especially in English), things I shouldn’t do and should do. Thank youuu
In year 11 at the minuet so who knows how well its going but I really enjoy using Seneca learning for English- its completely free, it asks questions timelines and gives you facts. It also helps with the essays.

Link bellow if your interested:
senecalearning.com/
Anee_rk
Rep:
?
Heather_BThanks I’ll definitely try Seneca
josie71202
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
past papers and Seneca.com is your life. Make sure you have downtime too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.22%
I'm not sure (34)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.94%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.04%

Watched Threads