New bf has a genital wart Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’ve (26F) been seeing a few people and I finally found someone who I genuinely like. I knew he had been in quite a few relationships in the past and told me he’s been using condoms for the past 5 years so I didn’t think anything of it. After like 2 months of dating we slept together, before that I had the IUD inserted a little over a week ago so we used a condom at first but then didn’t which was the most stupid thing I’ve ever done because usually I’m very cautious about these things but yeah that happened.

Even stupider, I noticed he had a wart not on the penis but on the pelvic area. A single wart, now I’m super paranoid that he has given it to me? Nothing has shown up yet because it’s been a week since we had sex but I’m very worried that it’s gonna show up in a years time... and that would also mean he has HPV ?? I’m so dumb, I’ve never been this dumb in my life. This means that I probably have it ..

The worst thing is I tried to tell him that this is a deal breaker but clearly I just couldn’t properly do it. I asked him to get checked for HPV without mentioning that I noticed the wart on his pelvic area because I didn’t wanna embarrass him or anything .... I sent the nhs HPV profile thing which mentions genital warts but he came back saying I don’t get it... I’m so frustrated. I’m pretty sure I saw a Wart.

I know most people have HPV but genital warts can cause RRP in children and I wanna have children at some point... I’m also worried that since I got the IUD so recently would that have made it easier for me to catch it?

To avoid any further exposure I want to break up with gun because it’s a huge deal breaker for me although I’ve already been exposed to it now... I don’t know if I have it or not.... so I don’t know if I should stay or break up with him...

Help
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
lmao.
CTLeafez
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Rather than dancing around the fact, just tell him you saw a wart and you’re concerned for his and your health.
Viennaaxo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Tell him straight up what you saw and ask him, maybe it’s not a wart? Idk just ask him! You need to be straight up
frogglet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
how did you even know what it was? are you experienced with seeing warts?
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Could have a been a mole or something like that. You need to have a chat with him instead of worrying about it.
Tribulogic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve (26F) been seeing a few people and I finally found someone who I genuinely like. I knew he had been in quite a few relationships in the past and told me he’s been using condoms for the past 5 years so I didn’t think anything of it. After like 2 months of dating we slept together, before that I had the IUD inserted a little over a week ago so we used a condom at first but then didn’t which was the most stupid thing I’ve ever done because usually I’m very cautious about these things but yeah that happened.

Even stupider, I noticed he had a wart not on the penis but on the pelvic area. A single wart, now I’m super paranoid that he has given it to me? Nothing has shown up yet because it’s been a week since we had sex but I’m very worried that it’s gonna show up in a years time... and that would also mean he has HPV ?? I’m so dumb, I’ve never been this dumb in my life. This means that I probably have it ..

The worst thing is I tried to tell him that this is a deal breaker but clearly I just couldn’t properly do it. I asked him to get checked for HPV without mentioning that I noticed the wart on his pelvic area because I didn’t wanna embarrass him or anything .... I sent the nhs HPV profile thing which mentions genital warts but he came back saying I don’t get it... I’m so frustrated. I’m pretty sure I saw a Wart.

I know most people have HPV but genital warts can cause RRP in children and I wanna have children at some point... I’m also worried that since I got the IUD so recently would that have made it easier for me to catch it?

To avoid any further exposure I want to break up with gun because it’s a huge deal breaker for me although I’ve already been exposed to it now... I don’t know if I have it or not.... so I don’t know if I should stay or break up with him...

Help
How can a genital wart be a deal breaker lol, are you in it for the love or the sexual pleasure?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tribulogic)
How can a genital wart be a deal breaker lol, are you in it for the love or the sexual pleasure?
Idk if you just didn’t read this bit but let me repeat myself
“I know most people have HPV but genital warts can cause RRP in children and I wanna have children at some point... I’m also worried that since I got the IUD so recently would that have made it easier for me to catch it?”

Genital warts is HPV, it’s more dangerous for women than it is for men.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by frogglet)
how did you even know what it was? are you experienced with seeing warts?
I’m praying it’s not a wart but it seems to look like it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (36)
18.37%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.14%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.02%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.55%
No unconditional offers (139)
70.92%

Watched Threads