Network Rail graduate schemes 2020 Watch

YetAnotherMember
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hellooo

Has anyone applied to one of the Network Rail graduate programmes to start in September 2020? Let me know how you've found the application process so far!
A level sufferer
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by YetAnotherMember)
Hellooo

Has anyone applied to one of the Network Rail graduate programmes to start in September 2020? Let me know how you've found the application process so far!
I have just completed the online tests. I could've done a lot better on the Maths pyschometric but oh well. It was a bit impractical to have to look at all the data on a small phone screen. How about yourself?
Last edited by A level sufferer; 2 weeks ago
YetAnotherMember
Rep:
?
(Original post by A level sufferer)
I have just completed the online tests. I could've done a lot better on the Maths pyschometric but oh well. It was a bit impractical to have to look at all the data on a small phone screen. How about yourself?
That's EXACTLY what I thought about the maths bit on Skyrise!!! Found myself straining so hard to skim through all the colourful tables on my tiny screen...So I felt like I failed the maths bit, tbh. Got around 9500 points but have no clue what/ if they mean anything. Just waiting to hear back now! Which graduate programme did you apply for?
A level sufferer
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That's EXACTLY what I thought about the maths bit on Skyrise!!! Found myself straining so hard to skim through all the colourful tables on my tiny screen...So I felt like I failed the maths bit, tbh. Got around 9500 points but have no clue what/ if they mean anything. Just waiting to hear back now! Which graduate programme did you apply for?
I applied for Project management and yourself?? Apparently the score doesn't mean anything. I was reading on other threads i.e. PWC (who also use Skyrise) where some people with 3000 got in but some with higher scores didn't. I got 9200 myself but am just a bit annoyed with that Maths section.
Do you know if we get any feedback at all on this section of the process?
Chychy97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How was the test?. Where they hard or they were reasonable. I am going to do mine in 2 days time.
YetAnotherMember
Rep:
?
I applied for Project management and yourself?? Apparently the score doesn't mean anything. I was reading on other threads i.e. PWC (who also use Skyrise) where some people with 3000 got in but some with higher scores didn't. I got 9200 myself but am just a bit annoyed with that Maths section.
Do you know if we get any feedback at all on this section of the process?
I applied for HR...Yup from what I've been reading I believe the score literally doesn't matter one bit. I'm super annoyed at myself for failing the maths bit because I'd been revising for several weeks and did tons of tests but it didn't help me one bit. I think I got through 10 questions (out of 18 lol....) and then time ran out. I guessed loads as well cos I was trying to rush through

Not sure whether we'll get any feedback on the SJT or Skyrise tbh - I think they'll either invite you to do the VI or not
YetAnotherMember
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chychy97)
How was the test?. Where they hard or they were reasonable. I am going to do mine in 2 days time.
I think overall it was reasonable, but most of the tasks are a bit 'pointless', i.e. you can't be sure what they're testing. The numeracy bit was horrific for me personally, although the level of maths you had to do wasn't very advanced, I just felt like 18mins for 18 questions was a bit tight, given you're reading information off your phone screen. The verbal reasoning bit was ok, I rushed through it thinking I'll run out of time but was left with 5mins at the end, so manage your time wisely, you can't go back once you've answered a question
makeasplash
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I applied for Operations & General Management and I got invited to the video interview this morning. The application process hasn't been too bad so far. It's the first time I've ever done a game-based assessment, and I did find it a bit odd, but overall not too bad. I scored a little over 10,000, but as others have said, I think the score is mostly irrelevant.
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If the game was artic shores, then I feel your pain. I did it for another company. It tests your physical reflexes. Absolute nonsense of a game.
Chychy97
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think overall it was reasonable, but most of the tasks are a bit 'pointless', i.e. you can't be sure what they're testing. The numeracy bit was horrific for me personally, although the level of maths you had to do wasn't very advanced, I just felt like 18mins for 18 questions was a bit tight, given you're reading information off your phone screen. The verbal reasoning bit was ok, I rushed through it thinking I'll run out of time but was left with 5mins at the end, so manage your time wisely, you can't go back once you've answered a question
Thank you very much for helping.
YetAnotherMember
Rep:
?
(Original post by 0le)
If the game was artic shores, then I feel your pain. I did it for another company. It tests your physical reflexes. Absolute nonsense of a game.
yeah it was Skyrise...honestly what a waste of time.
YetAnotherMember
Rep:
?
(Original post by makeasplash)
I applied for Operations & General Management and I got invited to the video interview this morning. The application process hasn't been too bad so far. It's the first time I've ever done a game-based assessment, and I did find it a bit odd, but overall not too bad. I scored a little over 10,000, but as others have said, I think the score is mostly irrelevant.
I've got an e-mail earlier saying this:

Whilst your application indicates that you're likely to be a good fit for Network Rail, regrettably we're unable to progress your application for your chosen role at this time, as this has now been closed due to the needs of the business/an unexpectedly high volume of applications early on in the process.

Unfortunately, we are no longer progressing applications for Human Resources, however, we would like to offer you the opportunity to select another role, so please refer to the careers page on our website and let us know your preferred choice. This can be found on the link below:

https://www.networkrail.co.uk/careers/

We appreciate this may be disappointing, but we do still hope to be able to consider you for a different role.

Just wish they'd emailed me before I spent 3 hours playing the psychometrics game urgh...
makeasplash
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Whilst your application indicates that you're likely to be a good fit for Network Rail, regrettably we're unable to progress your application for your chosen role at this time, as this has now been closed due to the needs of the business/an unexpectedly high volume of applications early on in the process.

Unfortunately, we are no longer progressing applications for Human Resources, however, we would like to offer you the opportunity to select another role, so please refer to the careers page on our website and let us know your preferred choice. This can be found on the link below:

We appreciate this may be disappointing, but we do still hope to be able to consider you for a different role.

Just wish they'd emailed me before I spent 3 hours playing the psychometrics game urgh...
That's really disappointing, I'm surprised they've not just closed applications and allowed current applications to be processed. Do you have any interest in any the other schemes?
A level sufferer
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Does this mean you've passed the online tests or?
YetAnotherMember
Rep:
?
Does this mean you've passed the online tests or?
I was gonna email them and ask, because it's really not clear from the e-mail
YetAnotherMember
Rep:
?
That's really disappointing, I'm surprised they've not just closed applications and allowed current applications to be processed. Do you have any interest in any the other schemes?
I've had a look again, but nothing else really interests me, so this is it, my Network Rail journey is over, haha
A level sufferer
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I've had a look again, but nothing else really interests me, so this is it, my Network Rail journey is over, haha
Rip. Best of luck with your other applications though
Leon0811
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello, done that Skyrise test and waiting to hear back dose anyone know how long takes before you back if you been invited for an interview online
makeasplash
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Leon0811)
Hello, done that Skyrise test and waiting to hear back dose anyone know how long takes before you back if you been invited for an interview online
It took a week for me to get my results. Good luck!
Chychy97
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It took a week for me to get my results. Good luck!
For me it took only 3 days to get a reply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (174)
70.45%
No I haven't decided yet (45)
18.22%
Yes but I might change my mind (28)
11.34%

Watched Threads