Should i apply for university, not knowing what i really want to do? Watch

imstrugglingg
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I am currently in year 13, I want to apply for university this year but I'm not sure it's worth it as I have a range of subjects I am interested in studying (Law, accounting, environmental science,forensic science and human geography)a real mix based on A Levels - and I seriously don't know what to do. I've been to every university open day that I would like to go to when I do go to university and it hasn't helped me shortlist any specific courses at all Im having a mid A-Levels crisis, should I really be applying this year and potentially do a course I am not passionate about or have a gap year and use that time to find what I am truly passionate about? I've spoken to all my teachers and they are suggesting that I apply this year as I get a reference which will help me, and if I change my mind then kind of 'deal with it later'??? thoughts?
confuzzledteen
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
If you were to apply this year, which course would you apply for?
Meg1Smith
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I would apply to a course this year. You can defer your entry if you want longer to think , or apply through clearing if you change your mind.
imstrugglingg
Rep:
?
(Original post by confuzzledteen)
If you were to apply this year, which course would you apply for?
most probably law right now
imstrugglingg
Rep:
?
(Original post by Meg1Smith)
I would apply to a course this year. You can defer your entry if you want longer to think , or apply through clearing if you change your mind.
Do you know when is the latest i can defer? is it around clearing time?
Meg1Smith
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by imstrugglingg)
Do you know when is the latest i can defer? is it around clearing time?
I believe you can defer in the august before but not through ucas - you'd have to contact the university admissions team
khadija.khatun
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Think about what u could be doing for the rest of your life - will u ever get bored of it, are u really interested and compassionate about it, e.g. law if you're interested and are willing to work hard u can have fun and get a lot of money too
imstrugglingg
Rep:
?
(Original post by khadija.khatun)
Think about what u could be doing for the rest of your life - will u ever get bored of it, are u really interested and compassionate about it, e.g. law if you're interested and are willing to work hard u can have fun and get a lot of money too
Thought about it, think Im going to apply for some Law and some Accounting courses, solely because Ive always somewhat wanted to go into that sector
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (184)
61.13%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
3.99%
No- I want it (83)
27.57%
No- I don't want it (22)