liamlarner
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
so next year i am considering doing both Maths and Further Maths OCR MEI A Levels because my ucas course i want to do says Business related subjects and maths is business related but in my case for a business degree would it be worth going into depth for Further maths i like maths anyway im doing the edexcel IGCSE this year
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Which course at university? It’s not normal to specify business related subjects.
liamlarner
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
Which course at university? It’s not normal to specify business related subjects.
https://digital.ucas.com/courses/det...y-requirements

this is the course also added screenshot of entry requirements
Attached files
liamlarner
Rep:
?
i was thinking of doing Business,Maths,Further Maths and aiming for CCC
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I wouldn’t worry - they will let anyone with a pulse into that course. How good at maths are you? Can you start with 4 a levels to see how you get on?
liamlarner
Rep:
?
I wouldn’t worry - they will let anyone with a pulse into that course. How good at maths are you? Can you start with 4 a levels to see how you get on?
im good at maths i am predicted a 8 taking the higher tier IGCSE i can do difficult topics like differentiation, completing the square, functions, vectors, histograms etc
avacados1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by liamlarner)
im good at maths i am predicted a 8 taking the higher tier IGCSE i can do difficult topics like differentiation, completing the square, functions, vectors, histograms etc
Why have such low aspirations if ur clearly capable of more ?
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Then FM sounds like a really great choice for you! It would open lots of different options for the future. How do you get on with your other subjects?
liamlarner
Rep:
?
Then FM sounds like a really great choice for you! It would open lots of different options for the future. How do you get on with your other subjects?
At GCSE i am taking

AQA Biology Higher Tier
AQA Chemistry Higher Tier
AQA Physics Higher Tier
Edexcel IGCSE Maths Higher Tier
AQA English Literature
AQA English Language
AQA Religious Studies

i find the majority of my subjects ok the only one i suck at is Religious studies but im going to continue with it to see if i can get a 6
liamlarner
Rep:
?
(Original post by avacados1)
Why have such low aspirations if ur clearly capable of more ?
Because when it comes to my future career i want to become a music moguel and talent scout to change people's lives or a youtuber i don't wanna be a doctor or scientist
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Because when it comes to my future career i want to become a music moguel and talent scout to change people's lives or a youtuber i don't wanna be a doctor or scientist
You don't need to go to university for that - I doubt that a university course will be of much help. Perhaps look at physics A level also as it does open up some courses which might be of real value in the music business.
liamlarner
Rep:
?
You don't need to go to university for that - I doubt that a university course will be of much help. Perhaps look at physics A level also as it does open up some courses which might be of real value in the music business.
i will discuss with my sixth form in august when i have my results confirmed i might take Business, Maths, Further Maths , Media but nothing is confirmed at this point i will see what happens on results day
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (53)
23.98%
My career doesn't need one (30)
13.57%