The Student Room Group

what to do after IGCSEs?

I am currently completing my IGCSEs in Hong Kong (Year 10) and will be taking the exams on April. In Hong Kong, after completing the exams, there are two curriculums, IB and DSE, which require you to study 6 subjects.

I wish to study psychology in university and I believe A levels are better suited for me as I will be able to solely focus on subjects impacting my future career (only 3-4 subjects). Another alternative is entering a psychology foundation course, which can allow me to enter university a year earlier compared to A level students

The only problem is, I have no idea where to start and have no experience with applying for schools overseas. If anyone has some advice/recommendations on what to do (eg. take IELTs, where to apply, it would be greatly appreciated
Reply 1
Hi there,

I am an IB student in Italy. IB is actually quite good if you enjoy stress HAHA. My recommendation is that you should take a course in English, that means either A level English if you take A levels and the same for IB. It will help you to reach the English requirements and also practise your English at the same time. If you want to apply to the UK, simply go to UCAS. Your school should be able to help you during the application process, or alternatively, there is the "apply individually" option. I suppose you are Chinese, and I am too.

Quick Reply

Latest