unit 11 health and social care BTEC assignment Watch

Lauren122802
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hello!
I am a year 12 student currently starting my first assignment for unit 11 in health and social. I am struggling to start the coursework and also have a few questions regarding the coursework. if anyone could help that would be much appreciated, thank you!
Hazzabear
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lauren122802)
hello!
I am a year 12 student currently starting my first assignment for unit 11 in health and social. I am struggling to start the coursework and also have a few questions regarding the coursework. if anyone could help that would be much appreciated, thank you!
I might be able to help, what are the questions?
Lauren122802
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hazzabear)
I might be able to help, what are the questions?
hi
I was wondering how is could structure my assignment as well as if I should include all of the approaches in the booklet when linking to the service users or only the approaches relevant to them?
thanks!
Hazzabear
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lauren122802)
hi
I was wondering how is could structure my assignment as well as if I should include all of the approaches in the booklet when linking to the service users or only the approaches relevant to them?
thanks!
What is the assignment asking you to do firstly?
Lauren122802
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hazzabear)
What is the assignment asking you to do firstly?
the brief states that I have to produce a report on both service users, which evaluates the role of the principal psychological perspectives in helping the unit staff to understand the behaviour of the service users and also how to manage and treat behaviours effectively. the report must include:

an analysis of the contribution of psychological perspectives to understanding the behaviours of Andy and Kiera

an analysis of the value of identifying those factors that may have influenced Andy and Keira's behaviour when applying psychological perspectives to their management and treatment.

you should also include an explanation of how psychological perspectives are applied to the understanding of human development and how they could help the staff at the unit to understand and treat Andy and Keira's behaviours, and an explanation of how different factors could have influenced the development and behaviour presented.

brief
you are on your first work experience, in a residential unit that supports individuals who have experienced trauma. you have been asked by your mentor, to work with two, specific service users who are:

Andy: is thirty two years old and has recently been involved in a road traffic accident where his partner died. Andy has been diagnosed as having PTSD and has begun to self-harm.

Keira: is fifty four and has become addicted to pain killers following surgery three years ago. Keira found the surgery traumatic as it followed a diagnosis of cancer and has altered appearance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (54)
18.31%
Labour (117)
39.66%
Liberal Democrats (61)
20.68%
Green Party (22)
7.46%
Brexit Party (8)
2.71%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.36%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.69%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)