bokcho1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi! I know this might be a bit late, but my entrance exams are within a week's time, next Saturday on the 9th of November 2019. I'm just really nervous, ngl, because I have no information on the level of difficulties of these tests, especially being an international student here in UK, just the thought of having to compete against 350 all native speaker of English. Does anyone have any information about the interview? I mean I've heard that they want to look at your perspectives and what you consider is valuable. For example, if you were given a million pounds right now, what would you spend it on. I also heard that they want to see the deepness of your intelligence? Idk, sorry for faffing way too long, but, is anyone in my situation or anyone know any more about the entrance exams? Thank you!
Apad121
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bokcho1)
Hi! I know this might be a bit late, but my entrance exams are within a week's time, next Saturday on the 9th of November 2019. I'm just really nervous, ngl, because I have no information on the level of difficulties of these tests, especially being an international student here in UK, just the thought of having to compete against 350 all native speaker of English. Does anyone have any information about the interview? I mean I've heard that they want to look at your perspectives and what you consider is valuable. For example, if you were given a million pounds right now, what would you spend it on. I also heard that they want to see the deepness of your intelligence? Idk, sorry for faffing way too long, but, is anyone in my situation or anyone know any more about the entrance exams? Thank you!
Hi there

I took the 16+ tests and I attend the college now. I am very fortunate to have gotten a full scholarship to the sixth form!

I have some advice for the tests and the interviews as I went through these myself. I would recommend making sure you know the content of gcse maths very well and also to make sure that you are on top of your school work in the interviews that follow. Dm me for more details!

Good luck!
Ameliazara
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi! I’m also attending the assessment exams and I was wondering what kind of things come up?
Apad121
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ameliazara)
Hi! I’m also attending the assessment exams and I was wondering what kind of things come up?
There is a maths and English paper so ensure that you are familiar with the gcse style type of writing for the english essays. Make sure that you are happy with algebra in gcse maths.

Additionally, make sure that you are keeping a good eye on time and are happy to speed through all the tests as the verbal reasoning paper is very time-pressured.

Read every question very carefull and good luck!
Ameliazara
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Okay thank you sooo much !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (63)
32.64%
Spring (36)
18.65%
Autumn/Fall (48)
24.87%
Winter (36)
18.65%
I love them all equally (10)
5.18%