Does anyone know how to reference this website

Watch
Courtney146
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
It is a consultation paper , the link is down below and I would appreciate if you could take a look . I don’t know what to reference it as. I have to reference using the APA 6 so don’t know what to do ? also does anyone know the organisation of this website as it’s really confusing and I can’t figure it out. Would appreciate a lot http://www.lawcom.gov.uk/app/uploads...tion-Paper.pdf

I
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Add the title of the document
Add the pages you used
Add all of the vital information that is necessary

Example:

"Law Commission GOV U.K., 1994, p.2-60)
Courtney146
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Add the title of the document
Add the pages you used
Add all of the vital information that is necessary

Example:

"Law Commission GOV U.K., 1994, p.2-60)
Thank you
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Courtney146)
It is a consultation paper , the link is down below and I would appreciate if you could take a look . I don’t know what to reference it as. I have to reference using the APA 6 so don’t know what to do ? also does anyone know the organisation of this website as it’s really confusing and I can’t figure it out. Would appreciate a lot http://www.lawcom.gov.uk/app/uploads...tion-Paper.pdf

I
The publisher is the Law Commission, which is an independent advisory non-departmental public body. Its publisher is HMSO. You would cite this in the text as 'UK Law Commission, 1994'. In the reference list, I would treat it as corporate authorship, so it would be "The Law Commission. (1994). Consultation Paper No 134 - Criminal Law, Consent and Offences against the Person. London: HMSO"

EDIT - the anon post you've been given, whilst no doubt intended to be helpful, does not conform to the format of the AP6, which is what I've given you here.
Last edited by Reality Check; 1 year ago
Courtney146
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
The publisher is the Law Commission, which is an independent advisory non-departmental public body. Its publisher is HMSO. You would cite this in the text as 'UK Law Commission, 1994'. In the reference list, I would treat it as corporate authorship, so it would be "The Law Commission. (1994). Consultation Paper No 134 - Criminal Law, Consent and Offences against the Person. London: HMSO"

EDIT - the anon post you've been given, whilst no doubt intended to be helpful, does not conform to the format of the AP6, which is what I've given you here.
Thanks for the help much appreciated
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for the help much appreciated
You're welcome Note where the commas go, where the italics are and the colon between the place and the publisher. Believe it or not, all of these things are important, and incorrect formatting will cost you marks at Level 4 and upwards.

The only other thing I'd point is whether or not to use 'UK' in the inline citation. Some might prefer it without, as 'UK' is usually used for government publications. If in doubt, check with your department or library.

- would you use 'UK' inline when referencing the LC?
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks buddy
username4449276
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
anyone know how to post anonymously
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
EDIT - the anon post you've been given, whilst no doubt intended to be helpful, does not conform to the format of the AP6, which is what I've given you here. [/QUOTE]

I find that rather disrespectful to insinuate what I've provided isn't helpful.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago

I find that rather disrespectful to insinuate that what I've provided isn't helpful.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I find that rather disrespectful to insinuate that what I've provided isn't helpful.
Umm, can you actually not read? I specifically said that your post was doubtless designed to be helpful. But the information it contained was wrong.

I"m sorry you find that 'disrespectful'. I can't change the facts for you, so I'm afraid you'll have to deal with it somehow.

PS - stop misusing anonymous.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Presumably their institution is insisting on the APA, though I agree with you about using OSCOLA instead.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm already arranging some counselling, just to start the healing journey...
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
I'm already arranging some counselling, just to start the healing journey...
You need it, you're so hash. You need to calm down
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You need it, you're so hash. You need to calm down
Surely if I'm 'hash' I'd be quite chilled?
davidthomasjnr
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

I
Just use RefMe if it's still free to use. You can use most referencing systems on there!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (80)
27.03%
England (100)
33.78%
Belgium (26)
8.78%
Germany (37)
12.5%
Spain (5)
1.69%