The Student Room Group

Student Loan after leaving University

If I drop out of University will I still receive my remainder of my maintenance loan?
Original post by hazzajazza1
If I drop out of University will I still receive my remainder of my maintenance loan?

Hello,

No we'll block any future funding.

If you started in September and withdraw, we will have likely made 1 payment to you. This payment was to cover your living costs up until the end of term 1.

If you withdraw from your course before the end of term 1, we will recalculate your living costs entitlement based on the days you were a registered student.

The university would be entitled to 25% of the tuition fees for the year and that's unlikely to change. Tuition fees would only need to be paid back once you enter repayment in the future, usually the April after your withdrawal and only if you earn over £25000.

After your 'withdrawal' is processed, you will receive 2 letters. One is a new 'Notification of Entitlement' from Student Finance England and the other one is an 'Overpayment Letter' from the Student Loans Company.

The overpayment letter will give you the amount you were overpaid for living costs. There will be a figure and a number that you should call regarding paying back the overpayment.

We have a leaflet here for 2019/20 - http://ow.ly/d/8lc1

Warm Regards, Dean.

Quick Reply

Latest