The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

no, although i hardly get any sleep even when i'm really tired so i do WANT to see if they would have an effect. unfortunately i've become a bit of an insomniac and put it down to thinking too much; i tend to find it's easier to sleep if you're not thinking about anything.
No....although lately I think I should be lol....

Do they literally knock you out? Could you be woken up if needed to be?
I would try it one time. I do struggle to get off to sleep, it often takes around an hour, sometimes about 2 or 3...
Reply 4
No, but I'm definitely going to try them before results day this year. I never sleep on the night before results day..
No. If I'm not tired, I don't sleep. Simple as :smile:
Reply 6
rangers_mad
No....although lately I think I should be lol....

Do they literally knock you out? Could you be woken up if needed to be?

No they don't knock you out they just make you want to lie down and sleep. Yea you can be woken up.
Reply 7
secretmessages
No. If I'm not tired, I don't sleep. Simple as :smile:

Yea but if your still awake at 3 am and have to be up at 8 am..
Are you talking bout the ones you buy at shops like nytol/sleepaids/kalms or the ones you get with prescription i.e. Remnos, Mogadon or the ones you get down the dodgy alley ways like Rohypnols?
Reply 9
The prescription ones like zopiclone.
Reply 10
I used to work nights so sometimes took nytol extra strength but it honestly did nothing for me.
saturn

I still only sleep when I'm tired :p: A bit more of an effort getting up in the morning, yes, but I live with it :smile:

imtired
What if you're tired, but you can't :eek:

I can normally sleep when I'm tired (but I'm hardly ever tired to be honest).
Reply 12
yep. i take them during the week nites but not on the weekends.
Reply 13
saturn

Maybe it's because you woke up late, the number of hours you sleep may still be normal and enough, but for example today somebody was telling me they had insomnia because they stayed up til 4... then they told me they woke up at 2 in the afternoon. A lot of people do that, and then claim they have insomnia, which is not going to bed late and sleeping all day. I know one person in real life who has insomnia and in the day he is exanimate, he's basically half asleep day and night and finds it hard to concetrate and do anything, whereas almost everyone else who diagnoses themselves with insomnia seems to be energetic and generally awake.
Reply 14
No, I try to live as natural lifestyle as possible.

I sleep when my body wants me to, and I wake up when I naturally would too. :smile:
Obviously I have to wake up early on weekdays and when I’ve got to work but sleeping patterns eventually catch up to changes in waking-up times.

I believe medicines including sleeping pills should only be taken by people with real medical need for them. In this case, diagnosed insomniacs.
I took them once, just the ones you get over the counter at the pharmacy. I saw spiders coming out of the walls... :\

I did not take them again.

However, I probably would take them again because when I'm so tired but I really really cannot sleep, I'm prepared to put up with a bit of hallucinating just to get some rest.
Reply 16
imtired
Maybe it's because you woke up late, the number of hours you sleep may still be normal and enough, but for example today somebody was telling me they had insomnia because they stayed up til 4... then they told me they woke up at 2 in the afternoon. A lot of people do that, and then claim they have insomnia, which is not going to bed late and sleeping all day. I know one person in real life who has insomnia and in the day he is exanimate, he's basically half asleep day and night and finds it hard to concetrate and do anything, whereas almost everyone else who diagnoses themselves with insomnia seems to be energetic and generally awake.

Im that then, I sleep stupid hours then feel ill all day and cant concentrate on anything really, used to read a lot of books and play games till a few years ago and could watch the same movie 4 or 5 times a day

Now I rarely play games at all, havent read a book in full for about a year and that was first for 2 years.

I feel like I have only had a few hours sleep all the time.
Sadly, all the time. It's the only way I can ever get to sleep.
Reply 18
Took them for first time about 90 minutes ago and feel queasy and want to lie down but not sleep as such, I just want to throw upo so much.
Tempted to try sleeping tablets... as having so much trouble sleeping since I got home from Uni. Working til 11 most nights and find myself lying wide awake in bed til 4am trying to sleep... making me get up hideously late. Can't shake the pattern.

I find a glass of wine before bed helps to get me to sleep... but seeing as that's probably the first step to alcoholism it's probably not something I should take up regularly!

Latest

Trending

Trending