The Student Room Group

child abuse

what happens if my sister reports she gets abused by our parents? will our parents go prison?
Original post by Anonymous
what happens if my sister reports she gets abused by our parents? will our parents go prison?

The police will conduct an investigation. The outcome will depend on what they find.
It is unlikely, but it is possible that you will be removed from your parents custody. If there is abuse going on, please do not hesitate to report it.
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
The police will conduct an investigation. The outcome will depend on what they find.

It is unlikely, but it is possible that you will be removed from your parents custody. If there is abuse going on, please do not hesitate to report it.

my sister is planning to tell her teachers she gets physically abused by my parents. will she go home that day?
my sister is planning to tell her teachers she gets physically abused by my parents. will she go home that day?

I guess it depends on how bad it is, how old she is and what sort of state she is in then. If she doesn't go home it is likely she may go to a friends or something alone those lines. That's probably the safest route. If this is a regular thing, do report it as soon as you can to the police or a trusted adult.
Reply 5
I guess it depends on how bad it is, how old she is and what sort of state she is in then. If she doesn't go home it is likely she may go to a friends or something alone those lines. That's probably the safest route. If this is a regular thing, do report it as soon as you can to the police or a trusted adult.

oh ok thank you

If your sister tells the school she is being abused, they will not tell her to go back to that environment. You're best off speaking to your teachers about what is going to happen.
Reply 7
Original post by DrawTheLine
If your sister tells the school she is being abused, they will not tell her to go back to that environment. You're best off speaking to your teachers about what is going to happen.

will she get taken to a care home?
will she get taken to a care home?

Considering I don't know any of the details and nothing has actually been reported / investigated yet, I have no idea. Like I said, you're best off speaking to the professionals involved - the teachers and the police.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending