The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't know, I'm too much of a wuss to give blood though. I might do it one day. I have a real problem with needles and blood.
anna_spanner89
i always wanted to get a tattoo to me that was personal for me, i wouldnt care about anyone else thinks

I might get an M on my ass. Ive always felt attracted to that letter.
Dreamy_whisper
I don't know, I'm too much of a wuss to give blood though. I might do it one day. I have a real problem with needles and blood.

just dont look and think about the amount of lives you're saving
No idea. I don't think my parents know what they are either.

And I won't be asking the nurse, or anything, anytime soon. I pass out before, during and after blood tests - the nurse at my doctors hates me having them almost as much as I do. That said, I've decided I won't be having them in future unless it is life or death or I am out cold and can't stop them. I am feeling faint just at the thought... :frown:
I gave my second pint of blood a week or so ago.

It's a brilliant thing to do, only stings a bit, and the nurses are really nice to you because they know you're doing something good.

Even to the people that are too scared, try, you'll realise how easy it is.

I'm B+
Reply 25
O+

yay for being universal donor, boo for being common.

I give blood whenever I can :biggrin:
paperclip
I gave my second pint of blood a week or so ago.

It's a brilliant thing to do, only stings a bit, and the nurses are really nice to you because they know you're doing something good.

Even to the people that are too scared, try, you'll realise how easy it is.

It is a great thing to do. But, I am not 'too scared'. I literally can't do it. Firstly they can never find a vain and I end up covered in sores where they stick the needle in whilst attempting to and secondly, as mentioned, I pass out repeatedly, often injurying myself in the process. Last time, I flipped backward in the chair and twisted my ankle, whilst bashing my head on the side of the desk and cutting it. As great as it would be to know I'd helped someone, I can't. I'll just find other ways to help people...
affinity89
No idea. I don't think my parents know what they are either.

And I won't be asking the nurse, or anything, anytime soon. I pass out before, during and after blood tests - the nurse at my doctors hates me having them almost as much as I do. That said, I've decided I won't be having them in future unless it is life or death or I am out cold and can't stop them. I am feeling faint just at the thought... :frown:

I spent about 5 minutes looking at the smilie list trying to find the smilies in your sig :frown:
affinity89
It is a great thing to do. But, I am not 'too scared'. I literally can't do it. Firstly they can never find a vain and I end up covered in sores where they stick the needle in whilst attempting to and secondly, as mentioned, I pass out repeatedly, often injurying myself in the process. Last time, I flipped backward in the chair and twisted my ankle, whilst bashing my head on the side of the desk and cutting it. As great as it would be to know I'd helped someone, I can't. I'll just find other ways to help people...

ah :hugs:
there are plenty of other ways to help people though :smile:
affinity89

im exactly the same as you..

i can't remember a time when ive had a blood test or given blood where i havn't passsed out, felt sick or at least felt woozy, plus they always have trouble finding veins, even doctors

but it doesnt stop me, its only a minor pain compared too the pain and turmoil the people im helping are going through
Reply 30
il bookmark this incase i ever need a blood transfusion
- skyhigh
I spent about 5 minutes looking at the smilie list trying to find the smilies in your sig :frown:

Oh, I got them from a website...

To use them place at the end...

a) http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-cheerleader-130.gif
b) http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Leisures_and_Sports/leisures-and-sports-055.gif
c) http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Thinking/old-025.gif

=D
anna_spanner89
im exactly the same as you..

i can't remember a time when ive had a blood test or given blood where i havn't passsed out, felt sick or at least felt woozy, plus they always have trouble finding veins, even doctors

but it doesnt stop me, its only a minor pain compared too the pain and turmoil the people im helping are going through

I'm glad it doesn't stop you and that it is a 'minor pain' for you.

Sadly, I can't say the same about me. It isn't as though I just won't stand it to give blood. I can't cope with it even for personal health reasons - the doctors have had to take me off certain medication because of it, as they cannot risk me taking it without regular blood tests.

Some things in life are there for us to overcome. For me, this isn't one of them.

paperclip
ah
there are plenty of other ways to help people though

*hugs back*
Reply 33
i could go check my donor card i guess?

how many people actually donate blood regularly? (sorry for jack :P)
AB+. I can recieve ANYONE'S blood :biggrin:

Too bad my blood can only be given to other AB+ peeps :frown: Only 3% of the population have AB+ :frown:
Reply 35
my main motivation for giving blood was to find out my blood group.
is that wrong?
A+
was gutted to find out it's the second most common in the uk (if i remember correctly)
O+
I am teh universal donor!! Funny how it doesn't work the other way round...
AB+ :yeah:
OiaB
i could go check my donor card i guess?

how many people actually donate blood regularly? (sorry for jack :P)

I read that as 'how many people collect blood regularly'. That made me choke violently.
Reply 39
No 'bloody' idea.

Latest

Trending

Trending