Top Gear breaking up? Watch

Flick The Switch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2247815/Top-Gear's-James-May-and-Richard-Hammond-%22may-leave%22-BBC-motoring-show.html

First a **** Dr Who and now this :mad:
nuttygirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
James May said he just hasn't signed his contract yet, cos it hasn't been totally finished. It won't happen, well hopefully not!

Doctor Who :love:
Audrey Hepburn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:eek:

*kills self*
unfinished sympathy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i love top gear, think i like jeremy clarkson best even though he doesn't believe in global warming.
jh_1988_england
Report 10 years ago
doctor who was good...and this isnt true...james may's agent has said its not true too
Liverpool's Number 9
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
NOOOOOOOOO!

Don't do it!
dreadnaut
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ah man I hope not.

Life wouldnt be the same w/o Top Gear on a Sunday evening......
NotQuiteCornish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nah, they won't split up. It's just another story to fill the silly season. basically Clarkson has agreed a new contarct but the others aren't at that stage yet. No biggie.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
firstly

NEVER EVER DISS DOCTOR WHO

secondly

james may denied the rumors...top gear is safe for now, for now...
Captain Biggles
Report 10 years ago
James and Richard don't come across to me as two blokes who would be as petty as to argue over getting an equal pay deal to someone who's been with Top Gear for years, especially since they're all supposedly meant to be really good mates outwith the show. Unless it's like they're getting half as much as Jeremy or less, I think it's just more press speculation.
Untitled258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
James dosnt strike me as a person who would really give a toss about being paid less then Clarkson, you could probably say the same for richard, the show will be on for a long while still i think
Robob
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anna_spanner89)
firstly

NEVER EVER DISS DOCTOR WHO

secondly

james may denied the rumors...top gear is safe for now, for now...
To be fair, dr who was awful. I was trying to work out what would happen, and my plot was way better.
unfinished sympathy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Robob)
To be fair, dr who was awful. I was trying to work out what would happen, and my plot was way better.
you know rob, i've never figured out why you just don't take over the BBC. I'm sure all the shows would be a lot better, who knows maybe if you were in charge, Eastenders would be watchable.

:ciao:
George Agdgdgwngo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Even if the two of them don't agree a contract, I can't see it being the end of Top Gear. Clarkson is a legend and Top Gear is one of the most popular BBC broadcasts not just in the UK, but all over the world. Although I like Hammond and May, they'd be silly to scrap the show if they weren't to continue.
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Untitled258)
James dosnt strike me as a person who would really give a toss about being paid less then Clarkson, you could probably say the same for richard, the show will be on for a long while still i think
I imagine it's total press exagerration and wouldn't read too much into it yet, but I disagree a bit with the bit about Hammond, his ego has grown since his crash :p:

I'll be gutted if Top Gear goes :love:
Jace Falco
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The article on the BBC said that Clarkson gets paid more because he has a share in the rights of the show. I would have thought that that was a bit QED.

Anyway, what would they do without Top Gear? Oz and James' Big Wine Adventure and Brainiac? They'd lose all credibility
ch0c0h01ic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Captain Biggles)
Unless it's like they're getting half as much as Jeremy or less, I think it's just more press speculation.
Jeremy is being paid something like £2,000,000 a year, while the others are earning 'only' around £350,000.

Their gripe isn't with Jeremy, it's with the BBC over equal pay.
Dionysus
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There is almost no danger of that happening. It's merely a question of negotiations. Sooner or later they'll agree because Top Gear is the most popular and most important show on the BBC. They will do almost anything to keep the current presenters, and James May knows it, so his agents will keep pushing until he gets a raise.
SarahhhD
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
D;
Makaveli_The_Don
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nooooooo! It can't break up!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (260)
38.92%
No - but I will (45)
6.74%
No - I don't want to (49)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (314)
47.01%

Watched Threads