The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Next Year Societies

This applies to everyone already there and Freshers!

Any socs you have your eye on next year? Ones that you didn't make it to last year? You've heard from friends are really good? Returning to any? Or interested?

Next year I really want to go to the First Light Film Soc (created by AsphyxiateD on this site ^.^) Frisbee as my friends lurve it and the few socials i went on were awesome. I think i may actually go to Anime soc this year as well.

What about you guys?

Scroll to see replies

I might make it to AberPride but I'm definately going to go to BioSoc. I might join a sport too, just not sure which/if I can be bothered.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Hockey!! I have already suggested this though, and you have already said "maybe". Try frisbee out with meeeee?

(I really do hope you get a gay card again)
I'll join, I mean it's free and I get a goody bag, I just might not go. And yes I maybe will do hockey, but I am sooooooooo lazy. And I haven't played in years.
Reply 4
They let anyone play though, i'm sure they'll be people there who never played. Besides what else would you play?

Golf? I don't even think there is a golf society. Also mostly those goodie bags sucked.
Apart from the one you got that lovely piece of mint latex from. That were great.
Ahaha that was the AberPride one. They gave us a free condom too ;yes;.
I've heard nothing about them yet (want to save it for freshers') but I'm definitely going to join the film one!
You will get countless free pens, keyrings, sweets and those plastic things to put on your straws so you know if you've been drugged :p:. It's great fun. You get into the student mindset of free = good very quickly!
I won't bring any pens with me then. ;P
Nope - but bring plenty of straws for your plasticy things! lol
Societies the Film one and Rocsoc hopefully, but last year they ran on the same time. :p: I'm not sure if I'll go to geogsoc next year again, just the more time I have away from it the more I'm starting to think I might not go again, but I'm not sure yet.

Definately either Film or Roc as well though. But I'll probably see what there is at the freshers fair before I commit to any decisions.
Reply 11
Oh i also plan to go to Indiesoc, as i went to two of their nights at The Angel which were awesome.

hmm i wonder if theres a sleep soc.
Reply 12
Paintball!

Seeing as I have all the kit now :p:

But all 3 of my judo instructor's have left, so that's a no-no now :frown:

Other than that, not sure :p:
Reply 13
There is a golf club.
I won't be joining any as I'm not gonna be there, I'm 'growing up' and getting a proper job :frown:
Reply 14
Shooting Club, join the Shooting Club huzzah!
Reply 15
I didn't even see shooting club at the freshers fair.
I think i'll give it a miss though, Considering i can break not just one but several plastic plates accidently i don't think i should be allowed near guns.
(Oh and thats after i accidently broke all my normal plates.)

Woohoo Golf!!!!! Lauren join that! its almost like a lazy sport *waits to be killed*
Just shut up you. There is actually lots of walking between holes and stuff. You could drive me in the a buggy thing?!?! Actually no. I'd rather live. Is it wrong that I do actually want to learn golf one day? Chris is gonna teach me haha, there is a course down at Borth so I'm gonna make him go with me when he is back from America. Woop. But no, I shall not be joining the golf society.
Reply 17
Oh man, you're actually going to go to Borth again? After the scaring Animalarium incident? Its kind of like Royston-Vasey-Upon-Sea. I don't think any sports worth having to spend a day in the drizzle in Borth.

Besides i hardly consider walking between holes strenious, i do however consider that saying funny.

I still say join Hockey :biggrin:
Haha I know me too.

Last time I went to Borth it was lovely! It was our fault going in November the first time. We had a bbq on the beach and built sand castles and sort of went in the sea (up to our knees then lost all feeling) etc. I was lovely. Much nicer than Aber beach!
Reply 19
I still say its like Royston-Vasey-Upon-Sea.

Why don't you start the I Love Borth Beach Society then :biggrin:

Latest