Can I study Advanced Higher subjects in college without sitting Higher? Watch

Virefie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have not sat Higher chemistry in Secondary school but have studied it at home with resources I bought on my own. I was wondering if there is I way I can move on to Advanced Higher chemistry in college even though I don't have a Higher qualification.
If this isn't possible, how can I sit Higher without getting it from Secondary school?
Last edited by Virefie; 1 week ago
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Virefie)
I have not sat Higher chemistry in Secondary school but have studied it at home with resources I bought on my own. I was wondering if there is I way I can move on to Advanced Higher chemistry in college even though I don't have a Higher qualification.
If this isn't possible, how can I sit Higher without getting it from Secondary school?
Of the (very few) AH courses I've seen colleges offering, they usually require that you have the subject at higher.

Some colleges offer higher courses (there's more choice with these than AHs), so just have a look at their websites to see what they're offering (courses for this year have already started though, so you'd need to apply to start next year).

There's also other courses that colleges offer that are at the level of highers or you can do a HNC which is at the same SCQF level as advanced highers, so it's really a case of doing a lot of research to find out what all of the options are.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (150)
53.76%
18-20 years old (no) (34)
12.19%
20-25 years old (yes) (43)
15.41%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.43%
25-30 years old (yes) (19)
6.81%