arghhhhh my legs! Watch

anna_spanner89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I just used doves summer moisturising cream for the legs, for the seventh..and my legs felt they were literally on fire, when the rest of my body was fine, i also came up with bright white spots, in patches, i ran my legs under cold water but its still really sore now

is there anything i can do?? also why just my legs and not the rest of my body..

and finally, does this mean i should stop using it, my legs are all gorgeous and tanned
TommyWannabe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anna_spanner89)
and finally, does this mean i should stop using it, my legs are all gorgeous and tanned
If the bottle says 'expect agony,' then by all means continue using it
ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
maybe you used some other product on your legs that had a reaction to it? or maybe you laid it on a bit thick?

dunno, see if the bottle gives any warnings as to allergies and such
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It could be because you've recently shaved, waed or plucked?
Obviously if you put moisturisers straight on, it soaks in quite a lot and that may have made your legs become sore.

I suggest you find yourself a new cream though, as if you have a bad reaction once you're quite likely to again.
Lu-x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have you shaved recently? Shaving might make it feel a bit more sore than usual.
unfinished sympathy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
if youve used the cream before, and had no reaction then it isn't the cream. have you done anything else to your legs?
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I shaved, but that was last night..
AND i applied the cream about 20 minutes after shaving so i dont THINK its that, although its a possibility..

i'll try again tomorrow and see if i get the same reaction, the bottle doesnt say anything but warns against using on 'problem' skin, which i havn't got lol
jew unit
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by unfinished sympathy)
if youve used the cream before, and had no reaction then it isn't the cream. have you done anything else to your legs?
You can aquire allergies.
unfinished sympathy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jew unit)
You can aquire allergies.
if she has already used the cream once and had no reaction then it isn't an allergic reaction.
chr15chr15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
if she has already used the cream once and had no reaction then it isn't an allergic reaction.
i'll repeat it just so you understand: you can acquire allergies!
squeak
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by chr15chr15)
i'll repeat it just so you understand: you can acquire allergies!
lol owned.

OP I'd just wait for it to get better, then try applying it to a tiny area again and see if you get the same reaction.
Jelkin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just in case this makes you feel better: I got a spray-on tan the other day and at first it looked awesome, but then I got a rash ALL OVER my body. Both itchy and unattractive.

Maybe you could try a different brand? There are loads to choose from
SuffocatedAnxiety
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anna_spanner89)
I shaved, but that was last night..
AND i applied the cream about 20 minutes after shaving so i dont THINK its that, although its a possibility..

i'll try again tomorrow and see if i get the same reaction, the bottle doesnt say anything but warns against using on 'problem' skin, which i havn't got lol
Never never never use these products after shaving. After finding out (the hard way) what agony it can bring, I decided to try to avoid it. Next time, I waited about half an hour and I still ended up running to the bathroom to shower it off.

I've known some people be fine with it, but personally I'm avoiding them from now on. It's not worth the burning and/or itchy legs.
Hannah_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
See, even artificial tans are the work of the devil.
(Fine, I'm just jealous of people with skin that isn't like paper)
x
crazyhelicopter
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
could be a delayed allergic reaction, wouldn't recommend using it again
Saffie
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you're incorrect. There's 5 types of allergies.

type 4 hypersensitivity is delayed.. i.e. due to repeatedly wearing a nickel bracelet, or applying a fake tan that you're allergic to, or similar

i.e. allergic contact dermatitis.
crazyhelicopter
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes she can. It's known as delayed type hypersensitivity
unfinished sympathy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
not being pedantic but usually delayed hypersensitivityto allergen usually occurs 24-72 hours after first contact- well she's used it seven times- assuming that's one application a day, then she should have noticed a rash within at least three/four days. not saying it isn't dermatitis, just saying maybe it isn't the cream and is something else. Not disputing however that she should could keep on using the cream, she shouldn't.
crazyhelicopter
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Can also occur after multiple uses though, or at least can with hair dye and copper pans
*Star*Guitar*
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm allergic to fake tan and this is what happens to me. I've dared try a few types but looks like I'm just screwed if I want to look less pale.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads