Resitting Uni Exam. For Current Uni students Watch

sunwealth02
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi everyone, basically i missed one of my exam at uni because i was really sick, i got the doctor"s medical note and hand it in to my tutor.
Today i got my result, which i was pleased about, but in the letter, it says the exam i will resit in august/september would be capped at 40%, is this right, because i got a medical note which states i was not fit to do the exam. Also the module is 40% coursework and 60% exam, the coursework i did, which i got 33%, which one of the module or exam would be capped, if it is the exam, does this mean i have to get at least 40% of 60%. any help would be appreciated
Lord Lawz
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sunwealth02)
Hi everyone, basically i missed one of my exam at uni because i was really sick, i got the doctor"s medical note and hand it in to my tutor.
Today i got my result, which i was pleased about, but in the letter, it says the exam i will resit in august/september would be capped at 40%, is this right, because i got a medical note which states i was not fit to do the exam. Also the module is 40% coursework and 60% exam, the coursework i did, which i got 33%, which one of the module or exam would be capped, if it is the exam, does this mean i have to get at least 40% of 60%. any help would be appreciated
Every university is different. You have to ask them.

But I would imagine that it would be a 40% cap on the exam - not the whole module.
Jelkin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It should not be capped if it's the first time you're taking it. Call someone.
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jelkin)
It should not be capped if it's the first time you're taking it. Call someone.
Agree.

A friend of mine is resitting 2 of her exams next week, because her Daughter was ill at the time when the first round of exams occurred in May, BUT her marks are not capped, unlike me who has a resit on Tues has a marked already capped @ 40% IF (fingers crossed), I get 40% or more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (427)
37.89%
No - but I will (87)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (76)
6.74%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (537)
47.65%

Watched Threads