NZXT tempest gaming case PC Watch

ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Does anybody here have this case, or at least know someone who does?

im thinking about buying it for use with my new computer, which will probably run quite hot, so i was wondering whether the "airflow king" is really all its cracked up to be.

thanks in advance

warblade
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
if you could give us the specs may be I could give you a better opinion but it does look nice.
ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
right.. here goes:

* Dual radiator ready: The NZXT Tempest is pre-drilled for mounting a dual 120mm radiator at the top of the chassis, currently compatible and tested with Swiftech MCR220, Asetek Dual radiator solution, and Thermaltake TMG2.

* Airflow King: Dual 120mm intake, Dual 140mm Exhaust with an additional side 120mm fan and rear 120mm fan all included.

* Maximize Expandability: E-ATX support allows more compatibility with high end components including large graphics cards

* Easier accessibility & cable management: Cable routing is pre-drilled on the motherboard so users can hide cables behind the motherboard tray, allowing more a cleaning look and better airflow. Power, E-SATA, USB and Reset buttons are mounted at the top to give better accessibility.

* Bottom mounted PSU: PSU mounting at the bottom allows for more security and separation of heat from the CPU

* Server-like HDD space: Dual 120mm fans cool cages that hold up to 8 HDDs allowing for large capacity systems while maintaining cool temperatures
warblade
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well I havn't done any modding for the past couple of years neither bought a new desktop that I could mod but from the specs you've given me sounds like a good case and the pre'drilled cable routing and buttons on top are a plus as well as the cool cages for the hdds.

what's the price anyway?
SunburnedCactus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've got an NZXT case but it's a different model, forget the name but it's basically a rounder version of that one (cross between Darth Vader and a jukebox according to my mum :rolleyes:). In any case the airflow is excellent, even with only one fan at the front.
gamer91
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Its almost a copy of the highly popular antec 900
ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by gamer91)
Its almost a copy of the highly popular antec 900
id noticed that, but was drawn to the NZXT because it was cheaper i think, and apparently better at cooling.

i believe its around £80 to buy.

so, should i invest next week?
Gregpicard
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You can get the Antec 900 for much less now, due to the release of the 1200.

£66 at overclockers

I'd go for that over the NZXT, but a case is very much down to personal opinion.
ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
hmm.. i prefer the design on the side of the NZXT, so i think it'll be that.

cheers for your help all...
Sk1lLz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What about the antex P180? Custom PC ran tests on pc cases last year and it came on top. Personally, I think that the Antec P180 is reasonably priced.

Link:
http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=81800

EDIT: Antex has a link to the Custom PC article where the Antec P180 came top here:
http://www.antec.com/customPC_TemperatureTest.html
PieMaster
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That thing looks horrid.

The last 3 or 4 machines i've built for others have been in Antec P180 and P182's and I personally have a mini P180 (the same but mATX and a 200mm fan on the top). I run a Q6600 passivly.
Logan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
haha... minimalist vs non minimalist.

Minimalist always goes for P180

If not minimalist, then they usually go for ones with big fans.

TBH i think its too big (all full towers for me are too big, and the P180 is lifeless... its minimal in a bad way for me)

Get a lian li case, you'll have your moneys worth. (im such a hypocrite as ive got a thermaltake case). Currently i have the eyes for this thing:

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product...25&ss_index=62
MGT_90
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Logan)
(...and the P180 is lifeless... its minimal in a bad way for me)

Get a lian li case, you'll have your moneys worth. (im such a hypocrite as ive got a thermaltake case). Currently i have the eyes for this thing:

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product...25&ss_index=62
Lian-Li cases look pretty sterile as well though.
ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
sod it, im gonna go for the NZXT.

i dont really like the look of the lian-li cases, they look too... clean and shiny. and boring tbh

i dont like cases with flappy doors on them, too much effort to do things (yes i am lazy)

the nzxt has a **** load of fans to keep the temp down so i think it may be that...
Gregpicard
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Coolermaster are my personal case of choice.

I recently bought the Cosmos S, and it's just...wow. Looks amazing, its huge, plenty of room, great cooling, etc

Although expensive, Coolermaster and Thermaltake really are fantastic, you get what your money pays for and more
PieMaster
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ViolatedTreason)
the nzxt has a **** load of fans to keep the temp down so i think it may be that...
The thing is, you dont ned a **** load of fans to keep the temperatures down. My Q6600 runs completly passivly using a Scythe ninja, my graphics card has a Zalman cooler (running as slowly as possible) and the motherboard is passive. Even my RaptorX, wedged between 2 other drives is only just above room temperature - and that has no direct fans on it.
Kemik
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SunburnedCactus)
I've got an NZXT case but it's a different model, forget the name but it's basically a rounder version of that one (cross between Darth Vader and a jukebox according to my mum :rolleyes:). In any case the airflow is excellent, even with only one fan at the front.
The lexa? I've got that one too.
vaanish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ive got an antec 900, the loudest thing in my system is my 2nd hard drive, so the case fans are really quiet and the components all stay really cool
Logan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you can get one of the cooler master cases i.e. stacker and others. But hey if nzxt rattles your feathers then why the heck not

also look at thermaltake ones too
vaanish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my freind has coolermaster centurion 330, good cooling and quiet, pretty cheap aswell
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (399)
37.64%
No - but I will (82)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (75)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (504)
47.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise