123ertend
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've looked around for a college that I can sit Advanced Higher Maths as I did not manage to get it in Secondary school. I have only saw Higher maths in all of the college's I have looked at and am wondering if it is even possible to sit Advanced Higher maths in college.
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 123ertend)
I've looked around for a college that I can sit Advanced Higher Maths as I did not manage to get it in Secondary school. I have only saw Higher maths in all of the college's I have looked at and am wondering if it is even possible to sit Advanced Higher maths in college.
Most colleges don't offer AHs, but last time I checked, North East College Scotland offered it

Is there a particular reason you need AH maths, as highers are what universities in Scotland use as the main qualification (mostly, there's a couple of exceptions), and if you're wanting to go down another route, there's probably a different type of course that would be suitable?
123ertend
Rep:
?
(Original post by Labrador99)
Most colleges don't offer AHs, but last time I checked, North East College Scotland offered it

Is there a particular reason you need AH maths, as highers are what universities in Scotland use as the main qualification (mostly, there's a couple of exceptions), and if you're wanting to go down another route, there's probably a different type of course that would be suitable?
Thank you very much for your answer.
From what you have told me, there isn't actually any reason for me to specifically achieve an Advanced Higher level of Maths as Higher is enough.
I am a bit stupid as I actually thought Advanced Higher was needed to go to University, and I am sorry that you had to spend time writing to me.
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you very much for your answer.
From what you have told me, there isn't actually any reason for me to specifically achieve an Advanced Higher level of Maths as Higher is enough.
I am a bit stupid as I actually thought Advanced Higher was needed to go to University, and I am sorry that you had to spend time writing to me.
Don't apologise, it's okay! What is it you're looking to study at university & are there any particular unis you'd like to study at?
123ertend
Rep:
?
Don't apologise, it's okay! What is it you're looking to study at university & are there any particular unis you'd like to study at?
Thank you,
I am hoping to do something like Aerospace Science but if I can't do this I will just do something related to Sports & Exercise Science and no I currently don't have any universities in mind that I would like to study at.
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you,
I am hoping to do something like Aerospace Science but if I can't do this I will just do something related to Sports & Exercise Science and no I currently don't have any universities in mind that I would like to study at.
In that case, for first year entry, there won't be any AH requirements at unis in Scotland...That's okay- lots of people don't make the decision until they're preparing to submit their applications. It might be worth having a look on some of the university websites to get an idea of what grades they're asking for, and whether they need any specific subjects as part of that. Hope this helps!
123ertend
Rep:
?
In that case, for first year entry, there won't be any AH requirements at unis in Scotland...That's okay- lots of people don't make the decision until they're preparing to submit their applications. It might be worth having a look on some of the university websites to get an idea of what grades they're asking for, and whether they need any specific subjects as part of that. Hope this helps!
Will do and thank you so much for spending your time helping me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (162)
53.29%
18-20 years old (no) (36)
11.84%
20-25 years old (yes) (49)
16.12%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.32%
25-30 years old (yes) (20)
6.58%