Right, RIP BORNEAN RAINFOREST !! Welcome new Jakarta capital city !! Watch

Cleverboy1991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
All that is left of the Bornean Rainforest is scattered remains. It is basically all Palm Oil now Plantations there now.
It was dense tropical rainforest 40 years ago, now it is a wasteland dump, the majority of land there is Palm Oil and looking at the map of Borneo today it seems 80 % we have devastated.

Now they have announced that they are building the new capital in the Bornean Rainforest to replace sinking Jakarta. Borneo is about to feel our wrath once again it is about to be hit real hard by devastation, slash and burn, tree clearing cutting, massive road construction, building of skyscrapers, they are basically building a city in the already devastated rainforest that will resemble major cities like London and New York.

Work is due to begin next year and expected to be completed by 2023 so in 3 years

40 - 50 years ago rainforest covered 14 % of earth land but today it covers a mere 5.5 % and that is rapidly declining.

The entire Amazon Rainforest was almost made extinct a few weeks ago by the fires we set, and it could happen again anytime there it only takes a few people to light a fire, the devastation in the Amazon rainforest is incredible, it is also a wasteland dump now instead of jungle.

Attached files
Last edited by Cleverboy1991; 2 weeks ago
Suchomimus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This is a major and very worrying problem. This needs to be stopped.

You can show your devotion to the cause by visiting these websites:
www.borneonaturefoundation.org
www.heartofborneo.org
https://www.orangutan.org.uk
https://borneoproject.org
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Suchomimus)
This is a major and very worrying problem. This needs to be stopped.

You can show your devotion to the cause by visiting these websites:
www.borneonaturefoundation.org
www.heartofborneo.org
https://www.orangutan.org.uk
https://borneoproject.org
it is too late for that, there is only small bits of scattered forests remaining there and as well as the new capital that is replacing Jakarta being build there the government have proposed and finalised plans for major constructions works , includingroads and railway tracks to be built in the little area of forest that is left
Also are demand for Palm oil is exploding we are consuming much much more of it each year and we now burn Palm oil in our diesel cars
Attached files
Last edited by Cleverboy1991; 2 weeks ago
Suchomimus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Cleverboy1991)
it is too late for that, there is only small bits of scattered forests remaining there and as well as the new capital that is replacing Jakarta being build there the government have proposed and finalised plans for major constructions works , includingroads and railway tracks to be built in the little area of forest that is left
Also are demand for Palm oil is exploding we are consuming much much more of it each year and we now burn Palm oil in our diesel cars
We can at least try. Sadly, we have nothing to lose.
Ellie__99
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
"40 - 50 years ago rainforest covered 14 % of earth land but today it covers a mere 5.5 % and that is rapidly declining."

Such a shocking decline, this has to be stopped. Seeing so much destruction is devastating. It's never too late and every little helps, so lets get helping!
username5008046
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It is sad and I hate the idea, but we can hardly stop them when it's something we've already done to our country unless we don't mind being major hypocrites.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It’s sad an all. But I’d be impressed if they can build a capital city in 3 years. Takes us longer to build one train station. 😂
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Fsrea)
It is sad and I hate the idea, but we can hardly stop them when it's something we've already done to our country
Exactly and I do have to agree with you and I hear a lot of people say that too, so yes we would be hypocrites as our Country (UK) was mostly forest cover once and that it is non existant and replaced by concrete cities and biildings and society as is happennig with Borneo Rainforest, we are seeing it transitioing from dense rainforest to gigantic Palm Oil Plantations , major cities and civilsation .
Our Palm oil consumption increased 3 fold worldwide in the last few years, which obvioously means thel ittle bit of scattered forest will be soon another Palm Oil plantation.

But how can we tell the people over there who are in poverty and hungry that they shouldn't have done it to their land when we ourselves did it to our land ?
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
(Original post by Andrew97)
It’s sad an all. But I’d be impressed if they can build a capital city in 3 years. Takes us longer to build one train station. 😂
I read that it wil take 3 years t I was surprised myself but these people are coming out in full force and bringing like hundreds of bull dozers to the rainforest and working long shifts then it is doable in 3 years .
In the Amazon rainforest a few mnoths ago they cleared land the size of Manhatten is less than a week ,
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ellie__99)
"40 - 50 years ago rainforest covered 14 % of earth land but today it covers a mere 5.5 % and that is rapidly declining."

Such a shocking decline, this has to be stopped. Seeing so much destruction is devastating. It's never too late and every little helps, so lets get helping!
thing is our demand for Palm oil has trebled, our population is expanding hugely our demand for land is increasing do deforestation is accelerating full speed and not slowing and that means it will not stop as sad as it is
Carol R. Lawson
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
We use palm oil in most household cooking products, it's in chocolate spread!! it's also like a big economic importance to developing countries. New cities going up will also make for lots of new jobs + economic benefits..
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
(Original post by Carol R. Lawson)
We use palm oil in most household cooking products, it's in chocolate spread!! it's also like a big economic importance to developing countries. New cities going up will also make for lots of new jobs + economic benefits..
It is almost everything and is now being used as an ingredient in diesel fuel for our cars. I understand that building cities will benefit people a lot over there it's just quite sad that we have to say goodbye to the rainforest for that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (218)
19.43%
Labour (479)
42.69%
Liberal Democrats (213)
18.98%
Green Party (57)
5.08%
Brexit Party (30)
2.67%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.36%
SNP (16)
1.43%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.89%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.09%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.18%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (3)