Scale for how Stress impacts Lifestyle/behaviour

Watch
Maris499
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi guys, I would really appreciate if you can help me find a fairly short scale or a scale with atleast under 40 items that is based on how Stress impacts Lifestyle. So for example; The lifestyle changes/behaviours they've taken due to stress! (Not how the cope) if that makes sense. My questionnaire for my dissertation is getting long which is why I need a shorter scale.

I can't seem to find anything other than how lifestyle impacts stress! Need a scale asap!
thank you!!
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Homes and Rahe Stress Scale any good?

You could do the above test and then ask a few questions about lifestyle change and correlate the two? Not sure of any existing scale that assess what you're asking to such a degree.
Last edited by Noodlzzz; 5 months ago
Maris499
Rep:
?
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
Homes and Rahe Stress Scale any good?

You could do the above test and then ask a few questions about lifestyle change and correlate the two? Not sure of any existing scale that assess what you're asking to such a degree.
Thank you so much for getting back to me!!
I looked at that one earlier..but most of the items don’t really relate to what for example; students do when they’re stressed. (I should of included this in the main post). Are there any known scales that ask what you do when you’re stressed for example; exercise less, weight gain/loss, drink/use drugs and so on?

I cannot find anything
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Maris499)
Thank you so much for getting back to me!!
I looked at that one earlier..but most of the items don’t really relate to what for example; students do when they’re stressed. (I should of included this in the main post). Are there any known scales that ask what you do when you’re stressed for example; exercise less, weight gain/loss, drink/use drugs and so on?

I cannot find anything
Could you not create your own scale for such things? Do a literature review on impacts of stress on lifestyle and use that to inform your own scale and then correlate it with a stress scale that already exists.

this should help: https://www.scirp.org/pdf/OJMP_2013043009364718.pdf
Maris499
Rep:
?
Could you not create your own scale for such things? Do a literature review on impacts of stress on lifestyle and use that to inform your own scale and then correlate it with a stress scale that already exists.

this should help: https://www.scirp.org/pdf/OJMP_2013043009364718.pdf
I’m not entirely sure if I can. This is for my undergraduate dissertation but I will definitely ask my supervisor. Thank you so much you’ve been a star!
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I’m not entirely sure if I can. This is for my undergraduate dissertation but I will definitely ask my supervisor. Thank you so much you’ve been a star!
If it's informed by literature it should be fine for a dissertation. But yeah check with your supervisor.
Maris499
Rep:
?
If it's informed by literature it should be fine for a dissertation. But yeah check with your supervisor.
How will I form the actual questionnaire though? For example if the literature says students often suffer with : lack of sleep, eating less, excessive alcohol drinking etc would I include that in the questionnaire with a 4 point scale from Strongly Disagree to Strongly agree?
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
How will I form the actual questionnaire though? For example if the literature says students often suffer with : lack of sleep, eating less, excessive alcohol drinking etc would I include that in the questionnaire with a 4 point scale from Strongly Disagree to Strongly agree?
Do your research! Look for what others have done (in publications) in similar areas and/or ask your supervisor
Maris499
Rep:
?
Do your research! Look for what others have done (in publications) in similar areas and/or ask your supervisor
Ah my supervisor advised that I don’t make my own questionnaire as it will be time consuming and I need to get my ethics approved ASAP! I really don’t know what to do 😭
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Ah my supervisor advised that I don’t make my own questionnaire as it will be time consuming and I need to get my ethics approved ASAP! I really don’t know what to do 😭
Ask them what they think you should do instead? Not sure of answer myself sorry!
Maris499
Rep:
?
Ask them what they think you should do instead? Not sure of answer myself sorry!
My supervisor replied saying to look for the survey, how stress impacts behaviour/lifestyle that’s about it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (107)
15.55%
Uncertainty around my education (112)
16.28%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
9.59%
Isolating with family (46)
6.69%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (27)
3.92%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (59)
8.58%
Loneliness (71)
10.32%
Financial worries (27)
3.92%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (62)
9.01%
Exposure to negative news/social media (46)
6.69%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (65)
9.45%

Watched Threads