Exdoz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have experienced a problem last time with my laptop, in which a lot of my files somehow got deleted.
I am going to be using my laptop to write up the majority of my school notes onto it (saved in documents) and hence I don't want to risk any chances of it being deleted. Does anyone know how to prevent it from happening?
Suchomimus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Exdoz)
I have experienced a problem last time with my laptop, in which a lot of my files somehow got deleted.
I am going to be using my laptop to write up the majority of my school notes onto it (saved in documents) and hence I don't want to risk any chances of it being deleted. Does anyone know how to prevent it from happening?
I would save it onto an online programme like Google Drive or OneDrive, so there is no chance of it being deleted.
Exdoz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Suchomimus)
I would save it onto an online programme like Google Drive or OneDrive, so there is no chance of it being deleted.
How do you do that? I'm not good with technology :/
Suchomimus
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Exdoz)
Go to one of these websites and sign up:

https://www.google.com › drive
https://onedrive.live.com › about › en-gb
Exdoz
Rep:
?
Yep I'm using word. I do save manually first, then I use Ctrl+S. But my files literally just deleted- not the content within it, the whole folder deleted and there were many sub-folders within it. I lost everything

And how do I back up the work to OneDrive? I'm not good with technology.
Suchomimus
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Exdoz)
Yep I'm using word. I do save manually first, then I use Ctrl+S. But my files literally just deleted- not the content within it, the whole folder deleted and there were many sub-folders within it. I lost everything

And how do I back up the work to OneDrive? I'm not good with technology.
I'm not too sure about OneDrive, as I have never used it myself. However, on Google Drive, you can type your documents within the website.
ThuggerThugger
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Exdoz)
Google it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (221)
43.76%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.29%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.72%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
20.99%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.89%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.35%

Watched Threads