The Student Room Group

If you disappeared, how long would people take to notice?

Say you suddenly disappeared from the face of the Earth, how long would it take for someone to notice you were gone? For me it would probably be a month on average. Curious to hear what your answers are.
Within a day. I have a fair few people who hear from me everyday so they would worry.
Reply 2
Original post by Precious Illusions
Within a day. I have a fair few people who hear from me everyday so they would worry.

Damn, nice
Within a few hours- I work with dogs, lawyers and divorce clients. :tongue:
Probably until I came back and said I disappeared.
Reply 5
Original post by harrisong12
Probably until I came back and said I disappeared.

lol. what I meant was 'died', but I didn't want it to sound so sinister
Original post by Anonymous
lol. what I meant was 'died', but I didn't want it to sound so sinister

Haha it's ok I was only messing. I mean, I work with my parents and I see a lot of my family everyday. It would only be a couple of minutes, I feel like I am a big part of their life lol.
On weekday probably by 11am, on a weekend probably not till Monday when I don't turn up for work.
Hopefully within 2-3 days. I FaceTime my mum everyday at uni and if I missed a day she might think that I was extra busy that day, but after 2-3 days I hope she’d figure out something is up
Reply 9
At most until my partner got home from work that day. And past that (let's say we disappear together) I'm sure somebody would notice in a few months when they tried to collect no show fees from all my doctors appointments. XD
Probably within a few hours as my girlfriend is in pretty much constant contact with me; barring that definitely within a day when I didn’t turn up for my shift on Critical Care
Probably within a day.
Reply 12
my bf would notice within a few hours. but he'd probably just assume i'm just whoring around somewhere, and wouldn't call the police for another week or two. 😂
Immediately, I’m always either on the internet, communicating, or under surveillance from my parents
Reply 14
Probably weeks. I do talk to a few people but being out of contact for ages isn't all that uncommon for me. If it's term time though then my friend would notice since we do talk regularly and we did actually discuss this. I said if I was missing unexpectedly for a few weeks she should check the ditches. Can't remember how we got on to that though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending