The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Duopoly, yeah, that makes more sense. I thought polyopoly looked stupid.

I think the point was not that it isn't oligopolistic, just might have to be more specific at degree level and so.
Yeah, go look at the definition of oligopoly - markets dominated by a few enterprises, often high barriers to entry etc etc. Juuustbruger you need to do some homework before you can talk about high level economics!
I have done degree level economics modules, that was an example mentioned!
ThunderBolt
Yeah, go look at the definition of oligopoly - markets dominated by a few enterprises, often high barriers to entry etc etc. Juuustbruger you need to do some homework before you can talk about high level economics!

I haven't done any homework since I was about 11, but thanks for the advice anyway.

If you read my post, you'd see I wasn't disputing the meaning of the term 'oligopoly' - I was simply stating that it's better to be specific and if you're dealing with two it's a 'duopoly' (and yes, I used the wrong term initially).
Juustuburger
I haven't done any homework since I was about 11, but thanks for the advice anyway.

If you read my post, you'd see I wasn't disputing the meaning of the term 'oligopoly' - I was simply stating that it's better to be specific and if you're dealing with two it's a 'duopoly' (and yes, I used the wrong term initially).

Hey

Was only jesting my man :wink: I didn't know about the term 'duopoly', so thanks for widening my vocab :tongue: If you want any tips on accounting/finance or degree related subject matter feel free to PM in future.

All the best.

Thunder!:woo:
Reply 25
Another example of an oligolpoly is the motor industry. For a long time, it was dominated by the big 3, which are Ford, General Motors and Toyota, although nowadays Toyota has become the big daddy! Also, the oil cartels.

Latest

Trending

Trending