The Student Room Group

so im goin into 3rd year...

goin into my third yr physio course this year......but my grades were crap from last year, i wanna re-do a couple of essays to try pick my grades up, i wanna aim for a 2:1 ya see, but that would probably mean i would have to get totally mint grades all thru my 3rd year, il try but i dont think its gonna happen, so i was thinkin maybe i could re-do some from last year if they will let me?
Reply 1
Yes you could, if they let you. I don't think they will though.

What's the question?
Reply 2
amylou
goin into my third yr physio course this year......but my grades were crap from last year, i wanna re-do a couple of essays to try pick my grades up, i wanna aim for a 2:1 ya see, but that would probably mean i would have to get totally mint grades all thru my 3rd year, il try but i dont think its gonna happen, so i was thinkin maybe i could re-do some from last year if they will let me?

As far as I know the rules are as so - if you've failed then you can resit and then results are usually capped (40% at George's but I'm not sure about where else). If you've passed you cannot resit them - otherwise people would be dong it all the time in order to get better marks

the only option is to make sure you do better next year
Hi Amy

Sorry to take so long in replying but my mum confiscated my computer and I've had to use hers! She thought that I was staying up too late and spending too much time on unimportant things!

So far as resitting the assignments goes, it is a complete non-starter. If you resit an assignment then you are capped at 40 so you probably got better than that anyway.

I've done a bit rooting around on Blackboard and the only stuff that I can find relevant to the degree classification is this from the 3rd year handbook. It looks as though everything we do this year and next goes towards the degree classification.

But... I heard from one of the others who had been told by one of the lecturers that if the total of your third year modules is higher than the total of your second and third year modules then they take only the third year modules as your mark. So that would mean that if you had 49 as your overall average but your third year average was 56 then they would take the 56 as your mark for your degree classification. Or something like that! So you could still get a first if you work like mad next year!

Honours Degree Classification

At the end of this year you will (if successful) receive your final Honours classification. These are calculated in a very specific way. Details are available in your course documents and through the Intranet.

The modules included in the calculation for honours classification are:

Stage 2

· 4 x 20 credit University based modules

· 2 x 20 credit Practice based modules

Stage 3

· 1 x 40 credit University based module

· 1 x 20 credit University based module

· 2 x 10 credit University based modules

· 2 x 20 credit Practice based modules

Total 240 credits

Hope that you have enjoyed your placement and have a nice summer.

Rosie

Latest

Trending

Trending