The Student Room Group

Cerelle mini pill

Hi,I have been on the Cerelle pill for over 6 months now and I have been bleeding for about 2 weeks non stop. Is this normal or not?
after 5 months i had a 6 week period, which my doctor wasnt too concerned about (so long as it doesnt happen again), it really depends on how the bleeding is - for me it was quite light so i wasnt loosing much. if youre heavy etc id suggest seeing a doctor about it.

the way it was explained to me was that because i wasnt ovulating my body had stopped shedding as normal but was still creating some of the normal lining which grows at the beginning of your cycle in preparation for ovulation. i hadnt had a period for a few months, so my 6week period was likely just a build up of lots of old tissue.

see how it goes, if it goes on any longer id suggest seeing a doctor, its better to be safe than sorry, but i really dont think its anything to worry about.
Reply 2
ive got the bar in and my periods been heavy for almost 3 months non stop, i’m used to it by now but it’s just getting really annoying so i wouldn’t worry about 2 weeks but that’s just because i’ve been on mine for so long haha

Quick Reply

Latest