I think my DVLA provisional mail i send got lost.

Watch
StevenGurung
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I sent my driving application form with my passport on 18th of October. I just put first class stamp in the mail and dropped it off in the post box. The DVLA still haven't received my application. I am a bit worried as I mainly care about my passport being lost. I contacted the DVLA last week and said they haven’t received any mail from me.

At the End of the day it is still my fault as I should’ve sent the mail more securely by signing and tracking it.
Is there any way for me to get hold of the mail because i don't want to apply for a new passport?
originalbiscotti
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
get in touch with royal mail, sometimes theyre able to track it down, if not they may be able to compensate you for items lost (im assuming passport?) but it will depend on the value to which the item was insured up to (they'll only pay out so much depending on how you posted it) https://www.royalmail.com/personal/uk-delivery/1st-class-mail im assuming theyll only pay out up to £20 if they cant locate it, and then you would have to apply for a new passport.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by StevenGurung)
I sent my driving application form with my passport on 18th of October. I just put first class stamp in the mail and dropped it off in the post box. The DVLA still haven't received my application. I am a bit worried as I mainly care about my passport being lost. I contacted the DVLA last week and said they haven’t received any mail from me.

At the End of the day it is still my fault as I should’ve sent the mail more securely by signing and tracking it.
Is there any way for me to get hold of the mail because i don't want to apply for a new passport?
Just wait another few weeks. DVLA have a long backlog all year round.
Dustin009
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi mate! I have the same problem! Have you got your passport back? Please let me know!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (528)
51.26%
No (502)
48.74%

Watched Threads