The Student Room Group

I think my DVLA provisional mail i send got lost.

I sent my driving application form with my passport on 18th of October. I just put first class stamp in the mail and dropped it off in the post box. The DVLA still haven't received my application. I am a bit worried as I mainly care about my passport being lost. I contacted the DVLA last week and said they haven’t received any mail from me.

At the End of the day it is still my fault as I should’ve sent the mail more securely by signing and tracking it.
Is there any way for me to get hold of the mail because i don't want to apply for a new passport?
get in touch with royal mail, sometimes theyre able to track it down, if not they may be able to compensate you for items lost (im assuming passport?) but it will depend on the value to which the item was insured up to (they'll only pay out so much depending on how you posted it) https://www.royalmail.com/personal/uk-delivery/1st-class-mail im assuming theyll only pay out up to £20 if they cant locate it, and then you would have to apply for a new passport.
Reply 2
Original post by StevenGurung
I sent my driving application form with my passport on 18th of October. I just put first class stamp in the mail and dropped it off in the post box. The DVLA still haven't received my application. I am a bit worried as I mainly care about my passport being lost. I contacted the DVLA last week and said they haven’t received any mail from me.

At the End of the day it is still my fault as I should’ve sent the mail more securely by signing and tracking it.
Is there any way for me to get hold of the mail because i don't want to apply for a new passport?

Just wait another few weeks. DVLA have a long backlog all year round.
Hi mate! I have the same problem! Have you got your passport back? Please let me know!
Reply 4
I have the same problem I have tracked my application for a change of address but still haven’t received the form
Reply 5
I’m experiencing a similar problem as these lads, I sent my dvla application at the post office in Birmingham with special Royal Mail delivery along with my passport. I haven’t received any emails or phone calls from DVLA that they received my application. I been waiting for 5 weeks now and my main issue is my passport.When i try to track it on Royal Mail it says your item has been delivered on the 12th of June 2021, but i have no clue if it reached DVLA.
Reply 6
Original post by Mofayz34
I’m experiencing a similar problem as these lads, I sent my dvla application at the post office in Birmingham with special Royal Mail delivery along with my passport. I haven’t received any emails or phone calls from DVLA that they received my application. I been waiting for 5 weeks now and my main issue is my passport.When i try to track it on Royal Mail it says your item has been delivered on the 12th of June 2021, but i have no clue if it reached DVLA.

This is an old thread but there are massive backlogs at DVLA right now. Just take a look at their Twitter
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/ongoing-industrial-action-at-dvla
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/dvla-coronavirus-covid-19-update#wheres-my-application
Reply 7
Original post by Mofayz34

Have you received your license back yet?
Reply 8
I am having a problem pls. I applied for provisional license September 2021 and sent my BRP with special delivery signed for envelope. I received my provisional license on the 7th of November but no BRP. I tried tracking it initially and it was saying unable to retrieve the status of this item. Then yesterday, I tracked it and it said my item was delivered and signed for by an unknown person. Name and signature is not familiar at all. What do I do now? Is my BRP missing? Any advice will be appreciated
Same issue is happening with me, I applied online in august and sent my birth certificate and national insurance number letter, and I rang them today and I’ve been told they don’t have it, absolutely livid as all they said they can do is resend the letter to me which is useless because I can’t reapply without those documents as my passport is out of date. I’m going to try and ring Royal Mail and see if they can track it as I posted mine first class but of course don’t have a tracking number
Original post by Olixiahxrgrave
Same issue is happening with me, I applied online in august and sent my birth certificate and national insurance number letter, and I rang them today and I’ve been told they don’t have it, absolutely livid as all they said they can do is resend the letter to me which is useless because I can’t reapply without those documents as my passport is out of date. I’m going to try and ring Royal Mail and see if they can track it as I posted mine first class but of course don’t have a tracking number

Have you gotten your provisional yet? I’m struggling with the same problem
Please which phone number did you ring. I have similar problem
Iv been wating 2 weeka now for my provisnial form thing on the track my licence page it says waitin for return of form im scared they lost mine
Reply 13
Original post by Domi22020
Iv been wating 2 weeka now for my provisnial form thing on the track my licence page it says waitin for return of form im scared they lost mine

Be patient.
Reply 14
Mine says that there are no online transactions??Don’t know what to do

Quick Reply

Latest