Has anyone ever decided to change profession whilst training for another? Watch

bethan2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
By this I mean, has anyone done a degree and further courses to train in a specific career (e.g. solicitor, accountant, nurse) and realised part-way through their training that this is not in fact the right choice for them and they want to change to another career?

As for me, I did a law degree, followed by the appropriate post-graduate course needed to train as a solicitor and I now half-way through the final stage: a two-year training contract with a law firm. However, as much as I enjoyed my law degree and (most of) the post-graduate course, I knew pretty soon after I started my training contract that this is not the career for me.

Having done a lot of research into alternative careers, I have decided to aim for a career in psychology and having done an introductory course with the OU this year, I got accepted onto a two year part-time graduate conversion course which I start this September.

I wish to ask if anyone hear has been through or is currently having a similar experience - changing from one career to another before they have finished training for the first one.

Has anyone changed from law to another career? Worth asking just in case

Many thanks for any responses. I will shortly be posting this in the law forum as well.

Beth
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (371)
37.29%
No - but I will (75)
7.54%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (479)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed