learner38
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have mocks on the 5th December and i don’t know how to organise and how to revise 6 subjects English,Maths,French,science,His tory, computer science. Please help me

theggmul
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When I did my GCSE’s I tended to do an hour - 1hr 30 mins per subject and make revision cards for each topic. My suggestion is that you focus on the subjects/topics you struggle the most with - firstly make sure you go over the content and make sure you have a good understanding of it and then go on to doing some practice questions to test this knowledge. From the questions you don’t get correct you can base further revision on those kinds of questions and practice those. I would still obviously go over and make sure you understand the other things to make sure you’ve got a solid understanding of everything. Don’t forget you can’t remember everything!! Also don’t cram the night before an exam it doesn’t work! You just need to practice exam style questions. Try making an exam timetable - perhaps online in excel so you can easily change things and if you get homework you can do homework over revision? But plan to do one/two subjects each night depending on how busy you are in the evenings!? This really helped me. The most important thing is to find the revision style that suits you best; revision cards, mind maps, asking your parents to test you etc ... hope this all helps!! good luck!!!
learner38
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by theggmul)
When I did my GCSE’s I tended to do an hour - 1hr 30 mins per subject and make revision cards for each topic. My suggestion is that you focus on the subjects/topics you struggle the most with - firstly make sure you go over the content and make sure you have a good understanding of it and then go on to doing some practice questions to test this knowledge. From the questions you don’t get correct you can base further revision on those kinds of questions and practice those. I would still obviously go over and make sure you understand the other things to make sure you’ve got a solid understanding of everything. Don’t forget you can’t remember everything!! Also don’t cram the night before an exam it doesn’t work! You just need to practice exam style questions. Try making an exam timetable - perhaps online in excel so you can easily change things and if you get homework you can do homework over revision? But plan to do one/two subjects each night depending on how busy you are in the evenings!? This really helped me. The most important thing is to find the revision style that suits you best; revision cards, mind maps, asking your parents to test you etc ... hope this all helps!! good luck!!!
Thank you very much for giving me this advice in detail . I will use your advice
Last edited by learner38; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (37)
18.05%
No one else does (67)
32.68%
I'm embarrassed about my background (20)
9.76%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (70)
34.15%
We don't use a video platform (3)
1.46%
I don't have a camera (3)
1.46%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
2.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed