nursing jan 09 Watch

sophie-d
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
just got my offer to start nursing at nottingham in january 2009

thats the earliest date they could offer me .. anyone else starting then ?.
Malsy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nope

But congrats and good luck
sophie-d
thanks
Hula129
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey, just wondered if you could tell me info/ advice about nursing at Nottingham uni ? any replys would be greatly appreciated x
sophie-d
(Original post by Hula129)
Hey, just wondered if you could tell me info/ advice about nursing at Nottingham uni ? any replys would be greatly appreciated x
hey ... well when are you looking to start ? .. have you already applyed for nottingham , if not then you should definatly think about it ..nursing staff are really friendly . do you know what branch you want to go into ? i'm doing mental health nursing but but everyone is together for the first year ( sorry if you knew that already )

yea and any questions you have just give me a shout

x
Amelia1989
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sophie-d)
just got my offer to start nursing at nottingham in january 2009

thats the earliest date they could offer me .. anyone else starting then ?.
Yes im starting in January and cannot wait! wanted to start in September tho but cudn't get a place! Which branch of nursing are you doing? im doing adult
sophie-d
yea they've filled up for this september but oh well .. still excited and i'm doing the mental health branch ... do you know where your going to live yet ?

x
Amelia1989
Report 10 years ago
no havnt a clue! I got sent a letter a few months ago saying they'd contact me 6-8 weeks b4 the course started about bursary applications and accomadation, and then i had to send in some passport photos of myself!

do all the branches of nursing spend the first year 2gtha!? x
sophie-d
ah cool .. well ive applyed to live in raliegh park so maybe you might be there too ! .. and yea everyone is together for the first year so that'll be good .. im looking forward to the first week because the SU is gonna take the nurses out and about in nottingham

x
Amelia1989
Report 10 years ago
That sounds really good! can't wait do u knw if all the nursing students live 2gtha in raliegh park? or are they scattered about everywhere? how did u apply for your accomodation? xx
sophie-d
i think they're all scattered about but the majority will be in broadgate , raleigh or st peters court .. i applyed online .. ( go on the nottngham website ) but i havent heard anything for ages so i think im gonna give them a ring tomoro .. ahh can't wait ! x
Amelia1989
Report 10 years ago
yea im applied online aswell to raleigh park bcuz i was stressing that the closing date was August 1st and I wouldn't get a place..arrgh lol! But i rang up and they said thats just for the september intake and they would contact us nearer the time for our accomodation. I would still keep checkin on the website tho! But he said that they keep all the january and september intakes seperate! xxx
nsharman4614
Report 10 years ago
Hey I have a Feb 09 start for buckinghamshire new uni and was told that September was full But they told me if I really wanted September and wouldnt need much notice to start, then to ring back in mid August (when everyone gets their exam results) and they would more than likely have a place for me.
Min98
Report 10 years ago
Hey
Can anybody tell me if it is too late to apply for the jan 09 graduate diploma in adult nursing at nottingham uni? Also do we only apply for this through UCAS or also complete an postgraduate application thru nottm uni as well?
and does anybody know how much time is spent in derby? is it the majority of the time so it would be best to find accomodation in that area instead of somewhere like the city centre?

Hope someone can help, thanks.
sophie-d
the best thing to do is give the university a call , they should be able to answer your questions

this number is for post graduate enquiries - 0115 951 5559
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Nottingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Fri, 13 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise