The Student Room Group

Friend got with my ex

My friend got with my ex at a party, we weren’t official and it was a while ago but I feel weird about it and girl code?? How do I deal

Scroll to see replies

Try your best to forget about it. It's not worth ruining a friendship over.
Original post by Anonymous
My friend got with my ex at a party, we weren’t official and it was a while ago but I feel weird about it and girl code?? How do I deal

think you've just highlighted here why it doesn't matter.
Reply 3
This is what I was thinking, not worth a fight maybe so just keeping quiet??? At the same time if it were the other way round feel like she’d say it was out of order so doesn’t feel fair
Reply 4
Slap her Jesus why haven’t you already

Do I want a fight tho, also don’t really want him thinking I still care u know
Reply 5
Original post by _gcx
think you've just highlighted here why it doesn't matter.

Yeah I get that but partly feel betrayed like she’s taking his side
Yeah I get that but partly feel betrayed like she’s taking his side

sides? are you still quarrelling with him?
Reply 7
Original post by _gcx
sides? are you still quarrelling with him?

No but he basically dumped me and ran with no explanation so was a sticky breakup still a sore subject and awkward with him around, so feel like her getting with him is like saying he was fine to be like that
Do I want a fight tho, also don’t really want him thinking I still care u know

So just leave it or maybe say to her this is making me sort of in compfortable so can you not talk about him to me xx
Reply 9
So just leave it or maybe say to her this is making me sort of in compfortable so can you not talk about him to me xx

Yeah thanks xx boys suck
Reply 10
Did she tell you about it?
Original post by coco0
Did she tell you about it?

I was there
Reply 12
I was there

You should tell her how you feel about it, then if she says your overreacting maybe cut her off
You say you weren't even officially in a relationship, I don't see why it's a problem.
Reply 14

Just tell him how you feel about it if you consider him a real friend
YOUve said yourself you weren’t even in a relationship. It’s probably not what friends should do but strictly speaking she’s done nothing wrong
And when he cuts and runs on her too you’ll have something else in common
She said she was really drunk but is now still talking to him
Who cares? What business of yours is it? You're not going out anymore, so you have no say in who they go out with now. If they want to go out with your friend, it's a free country, and there's no such thing as "girl code".
I'm sorry for being blunt about this, I'm just telling it how it is. You can't tell your ex who to go out with, nor can you tell your friend who to go out with. If they want to go out then either ignore it or try and be happy for them. Don't try to **** up their relationship out of spite or anything.
Original post by Glaz
Who cares? What business of yours is it? You're not going out anymore, so you have no say in who they go out with now. If they want to go out with your friend, it's a free country, and there's no such thing as "girl code".
I'm sorry for being blunt about this, I'm just telling it how it is. You can't tell your ex who to go out with, nor can you tell your friend who to go out with. If they want to go out then either ignore it or try and be happy for them. Don't try to **** up their relationship out of spite or anything.

I haven’t that’s exactly why I’ve left them to it and not started a fight, just told her I was upset about it then left it when she didn’t seem to care
I haven’t that’s exactly why I’ve left them to it and not started a fight, just told her I was upset about it then left it when she didn’t seem to care

That's good. If in the future you can get past your upsetness and be happy for them, great. If you can't, then just ignore them and try to forget about it.
Obviously if your friend keeps parading the fact that they're going out in front of your face 24/7 when they can see it's disturbing you, then have a quiet word with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending