The Student Room Group

I go mosque AMA

I am bored, thought of the main thing in my life right now which is going mosque to pray salaah and learn Quran. I go university so 18+. I go everyday of course. And no shizzles, I'm muslim. Want advice on anything about mosque or watever or questions, ask me.

Scroll to see replies

That's very good. Keep it up
How do you soothe the symptoms of Laryngopharyngeal reflux?
Really random but as a Muslim person what are ur opinions on niqab?
do you wear a hijab?
typically muslim girls on TSR don’t wear hijab or have just started wearing the hijab in their late teens
Masha Allah sis/bro. Keep it up iA. Do you ever get demotivated to go? If so, how do you combat it?
How small is the women's praying area compared to the men's?
Reply 7
Original post by NotNotBatman
How do you soothe the symptoms of Laryngopharyngeal reflux?

You need some uuuuhhh panadol. panadol fixes everything, even antidisestablishmentarianism.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Really random but as a Muslim person what are ur opinions on niqab?

if a muzzie wants to wear it, they can. It's an act of worship. They should strive to do it, but they are free if they don't wanna. I cannot assume anything, only allah can.
Reply 9
Original post by PastaIsLife
do you wear a hijab?
typically muslim girls on TSR don’t wear hijab or have just started wearing the hijab in their late teens

I'm a man broooo, but I wear the jubbah and topee, I get the weird looks in uni. But ofc respect from the other muslims.
Original post by EliteWhovian
Masha Allah sis/bro. Keep it up iA. Do you ever get demotivated to go? If so, how do you combat it?

I mean, ofc there are the days you're really busy. Finishing assignments n stuff and you realise oh ****, 10 min to salaah. I'll just stay today. But naaaa u gotta be like. Ima do this, get that beta male **** thoughts out of your head and go pray ur namaz.
Original post by bloomer36
How small is the women's praying area compared to the men's?

In the mosque near my uni, I have no idea lol. Never went to it.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a man broooo, but I wear the jubbah and topee, I get the weird looks in uni. But ofc respect from the other muslims.

Lmmaaoo
How many raka'ats for taraweeh does your mosque do?
Original post by AnonymousGuest
How many raka'ats for taraweeh does your mosque do?

Never prayed taraweeh in the university mosque. I normally go back home and pray at the local mosque there. Which is 20 rakats taraweeh. They pray like a para and a bit. So finish quran a few days before. Takes like 1 hr 30 min for taraweeh.
Not a question but madd respect bro 🤙🏽🤙🏽
Original post by OR321
Not a question but madd respect bro 🤙🏽🤙🏽

tanks bro
How many people on average attend the university mosque (5 times daily salah vs jumuah)?
Its really nice to know there are still pious Muslims in this day and age :smile: may Allah reward you .
Original post by AnonymousGuest
How many people on average attend the university mosque (5 times daily salah vs jumuah)?

for 5 daily salaah, like 20 for the main salaah. And then there are some who come late, huddle in small groups and pray jamaat. For jummah, its like 150 I'd say. It's full basically. And this is for the small mosque, there is a bigger university mosque which is much further away from my main campus. Never been to it. My campus is basically pretty far away so only a few come.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending