txmidayoxo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
next week I have my third (and hopefully final) driving test in west wickham.
I failed the first time with 2 majors 5 minors for stalling 3 times on a mini roundabout and speeding while overtaking cyclists.
second time was even worse, test was at 3 on a Monday, got 2 majors and 7 minors as examiner had to touch the steering wheel in a meeting situation and I didn’t complete my manoeuvre because I already knew I had failed.
Ive spent over £1500 learning how to drive, I took a 4 month break after my last test and have worked on all my flaws especially roundabouts and meeting situations. but when I have tests I get so nervous and make mistakes I never usually make. I’m not an anxious person but I’m just so nervous for this test.
I’ve bought rescue remedy chewing gum and sprays, and I have my test at 8 on Saturday so the roads are clear and haven’t told anyone except my mum.
I have 4 hours next week and 1 before my test. does anyone dealing with driving anxiety have advice?
Vexper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
If your main problem is anxiety... has your test instructor not done a few 'mock tests' with you under scrunity conditions? Ask them to do a mock test. Minimal input, ask you to follow the signs etc
CosmicCreeperz
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I have my third (and hopefully final) test on Friday at 2:32pm and needless to say I'm so beyond annoyed with myself. Today I had a 2 hour lesson and made so many mistakes I was shocked. Last week went amazing, literally no minors or anything. It's purely nerves that are doing it for me. I'm so determined this time as I only got one serious last time for cutting in a lane when coming off a roundabout. I take rescue remedy too. I think really it's a case of telling yourself, this is the last time you ever have to do this test as you will pass at the end...think of the fact you will not have to have lessons again and once you pass your test you can drive however you want to (safely and legally of course) but you won't have that pressure of thinking of everything every 5 seconds. You'll be fine 😌
CosmicCreeperz
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I have my third (and hopefully final) test on Friday at 2:32pm and needless to say I'm so beyond annoyed with myself. Today I had a 2 hour lesson and made so many mistakes I was shocked. Last week went amazing, literally no minors or anything. It's purely nerves that are doing it for me. I'm so determined this time as I only got one serious last time for cutting in a lane when coming off a roundabout. I take rescue remedy too. I think really it's a case of telling yourself, this is the last time you ever have to do this test as you will pass at the end...think of the fact you will not have to have lessons again and once you pass your test you can drive however you want to (safely and legally of course) but you won't have that pressure of thinking of everything every 5 seconds. You'll be fine 😌
txmidayoxo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Vexper)
If your main problem is anxiety... has your test instructor not done a few 'mock tests' with you under scrunity conditions? Ask them to do a mock test. Minimal input, ask you to follow the signs etc
i did a mock test last week and drove terribly, which just knocked my confidence. up until then I had been driving really well so I was shocked. I had a lesson today and drove well, it wasn’t under test conditions but my instructor didn’t help me with the driving. I’ve realised I just need to believe in my driving skills and remain calm and I’ll be fine.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by txmidayoxo)
next week I have my third (and hopefully final) driving test in west wickham.
I failed the first time with 2 majors 5 minors for stalling 3 times on a mini roundabout and speeding while overtaking cyclists.
second time was even worse, test was at 3 on a Monday, got 2 majors and 7 minors as examiner had to touch the steering wheel in a meeting situation and I didn’t complete my manoeuvre because I already knew I had failed.
Ive spent over £1500 learning how to drive, I took a 4 month break after my last test and have worked on all my flaws especially roundabouts and meeting situations. but when I have tests I get so nervous and make mistakes I never usually make. I’m not an anxious person but I’m just so nervous for this test.
I’ve bought rescue remedy chewing gum and sprays, and I have my test at 8 on Saturday so the roads are clear and haven’t told anyone except my mum.
I have 4 hours next week and 1 before my test. does anyone dealing with driving anxiety have advice?
No advice other than drive.

Shouldn't be doing anything special for a driving test, you just need to operate a vehicle safely. If your making this many mistakes in the tests, it sounds like you should never have had the tests in the first place as you clearly weren't ready.

When you drive you have to take responsibility for everyones life around you, must be able to control a vehicle comfortably in all situations, on the roads, it could be dark, icey, oily, foggy, other cars, pedestrians, animals etc. if you cant do it safely in a test environment you will struggle more on your own.

Just take a deep breadth and drive normally, safety is the no1 thing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (45)
33.09%
No (69)
50.74%
Don't know (22)
16.18%

Watched Threads