The Student Room Group

Boys

Feeling pressure from other people my age to be at a certain stage with boys, I’m perfectly comfortable pulling at parties etc but also feel too shy/awkward/embarrassed to go any further, also coz first time, is that normal and how do I get over it ??
Don’t be pressured to do anything
Reply 2
Original post by shimona123
Don’t be pressured to do anything

Thanks, but at the same time it’s sort of just lack of confidence that’s stopping me because in the bigger picture it won’t matter as much?? Everything just seems like such a big deal right now
Original post by Anonymous
Feeling pressure from other people my age to be at a certain stage with boys, I’m perfectly comfortable pulling at parties etc but also feel too shy/awkward/embarrassed to go any further, also coz first time, is that normal and how do I get over it ??

Stay away from the people who are pressuring you and surround yourself with people who respect that you do not feel comfortable going further. You are still young you have plenty of time for that stuff
Reply 4
Original post by Thalianna202
Stay away from the people who are pressuring you and surround yourself with people who respect that you do not feel comfortable going further. You are still young you have plenty of time for that stuff

Yeah thanks :smile: kind of sucks for girls though because you’re either a prude or slut and boys are lads and players for doing the same stuff!! Sometimes just wish I was more confident so I’m more in control, don’t want to look back and regret not doing anything just because I’m insecure or shy
Reply 5
Yeah totally get that but I hate the whole stigma around virginity, surely no one cares at the end of the day but especially in school it’s all about reputation and everyone is so obsessed with everyone else’s business
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks, but at the same time it’s sort of just lack of confidence that’s stopping me because in the bigger picture it won’t matter as much?? Everything just seems like such a big deal right now

I don't think boys will cause an issue, I'm a boy myself and I'm too shy at talking to girls, so I don't see there been an issue, however, every individual is different, but we're only human beings, so I recommend pushing yourself and talking to some.
Reply 7
I feel you, but the best thing to do it remember it's your life and you are in control. If you aren't comfortable please don't do anything that you'll regret. I feel perfectly fine being by myself and if you are keep it that way,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending