How do you want to be told that someone "likes you" Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Anon because the person posts on here.

Ok, so basically there's this person that I really really really like and I feel as though I have to tell them because otherwise my head is going to explode! Slight problem: I met them on TSR, we talk on msn and text and sometimes call each other. How do I tell them?

Thanks for any replies.
Amy_J
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
"Did you see that thread by 'Anonymous' earlier? That was me!"

Done.
Greatleysteg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Call them. I'd like to be told in person (or as close to it as possible) by whoever liked me; it sounds like a novel way of having it done.
Malsy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I like to be told by someone else that a person likes me - like an act of like randomness where your mate just runs up to you and says it and your like who who
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
"I like you."
"Excellent, let's have sex." Perhaps not so forward, but along similar lines.
maleficent
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
If I liked that person myself, I probably wouldn't care how they say it at all. At least if it is a somewhat reasonable way...
DamnitJanet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Personally, I wouldn't care how they told me, cos I'd be too busy being all "weehee, they like me!!! "
Buut, if you're feeling shy, why not tell them on MSN or through a sly PM? Or you could phone at a time when you know they won't answer and leave them an answering machine message. That would be so cute!
punktopia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You've never met them and you "really like" them? I'd advise meeting first.
snorty_swirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DamnitJanet)
Or you could phone at a time when you know they won't answer and leave them an answering machine message. That would be so cute!
unless their mum/little sister/flatmate beats them home and gets the message... I personally wouldnt care, a text saying 'i like you' would be fine, however there could be much sweeter ways... In ur situationthough phone call would be best i think, failing that MSN
steelmole
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I want them to kiss me. Screw words.
DamnitJanet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by snorty_swirl)
unless their mum/little sister/flatmate beats them home and gets the message... I personally wouldnt care, a text saying 'i like you' would be fine, however there could be much sweeter ways... In ur situationthough phone call would be best i think, failing that MSN
Mobile phone answering machine!
GingerMarshmallow
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by steelmole)
I want them to kiss me. Screw words.
Yep. Sounds good to me. Obviously, especially if you like them too. Just a big passionate embrace when the feelings and emotions completely overwhelm you and you just can't not be kissing any longer.

I watch too many movies.....
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Meet them. Stand facing each other, maybe after a hug, gaze into their eyes, touching his (lets say your a girl lol) hands, and then put your arms around his shoulders, and then maybe you will go in for a nice, passionate kiss.

Then say "i really like you, you know"

:p:
pandora7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
eurgh this is so embarrassing but one time at a party, i must've been 14 at the time, i was really really into this guy. there was just no way i could keep it in any longer. slightly under the influence i went up to him and just kissed him :eek: i was mortified, he was mortified! then trying to salvage any shred of dignity i have left i just said, '...i was curious' lol! we hooked up a couple of times after that but never really went out

moral of the story, do something spontaneous at the same time sweet, even if it doesn't work out it's good for anecdotes or pub material. :p:
rmhumphries
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Drunken text.

Get someone to get you drunk, e.g. a friend in real life.
Send a text saying you like this person.
If he/she don't like you, blame the person who got you drunk AND try and play it of as drunken foolishness.
If he/she does like you, be happy.

Not the best way, but it works at times.
Jiblet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just whip it out, swing it round a bit and say, "Well...?"
gee_shakedown
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd be careful. They can turn around and tell you it was a stupid thing to say... then you'll never be able to talk to them properly again.
Dionysus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think you should just come out with it. The best way is when having a normal conversation and it's going well, just slip it in at the end.
trance addict
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depends, either tell them over the phone or msn if you find that easier otherwise ask to meet up and tell them then, thats how i would do it. Have they given any hints as to if they like you or not? If they've called you a friend i'd say you're screwed...

OP are you male or female also?
I_used_to_love_H.E.R
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gee_shakedown)
I'd be careful. They can turn around and tell you it was a stupid thing to say... then you'll never be able to talk to them properly again.
I dont think so....
you should probably tell em thru msn or text... they probably like you too because otherwise they wont be talking with u on msn and givin u they numba....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.06%
No - but I will (17)
5.31%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (158)
49.38%

Watched Threads