UKCAT 2008 Thread Watch

Asclepius
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I did mine early, I think it was in the first week of testing, it meant I got it out of the way and I didn't have to think about it over the summer
tomenthedon
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Alex L)
I did mine early, I think it was in the first week of testing, it meant I got it out of the way and I didn't have to think about it over the summer
how much youget
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tomenthedon)
how much youget
I averaged 700 and something, mainly due to a score of something like 870 on one of the sections
Holsy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Thoughtless)
is there any advantage for your application the earlier you take the test?
Stupid question I know but I heard that the earlier you send off the application the better and was wondering if not doing the UKCAT until october would make a difference?
What do you mean? Difference in scoring, you'll do better the later you take it because you have more time etc. ? I'm sure it's just all down to how you feel, if you want to take it as late as possible and you take it early then that'd make a difference. Just take it whenever you want. However, there is a price difference.
Thoughtless
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Holsy)
What do you mean? Difference in scoring, you'll do better the later you take it because you have more time etc. ? I'm sure it's just all down to how you feel, if you want to take it as late as possible and you take it early then that'd make a difference. Just take it whenever you want. However, there is a price difference.
I heard that the earlier you send off the UCAS application the earlier uni's recieve it. Is this true?
soz im not making much sense, i'm very tired lol
Holsy
Rep:
?
I heard that the earlier you send off the UCAS application the earlier uni's recieve it. Is this true?
Oh UCAS. I was talking about UKCAT sorry. For medicine all applications have to be in by 15th October anyway. As long as it's before then I shouldn't think it makes a difference (although someone else should confirm this). The last date for UKCAT is the 10th October anyway.

Plus the BMAT is taken on November 5th and is sent to universities later, for example, I doubt it will make any difference when you take the UKCAT (as long as you take it before the 10th Oct!)
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeh that's true, but I don't know about your initial question though, I'm not sure whether you have to have done the UKCAT by the time you send off your application
Holsy
Rep:
?
Yeh that's true, but I don't know about your initial question though, I'm not sure whether you have to have done the UKCAT by the time you send off your application
Do they send the scores to the medschools you've applied for on your UCAS when you have both taken it and send your UCAS, or is written down on your UCAS?

-edited for clarity, woops-
lilac!!
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sanjetti)
August 30th for me...and absolutely terrified!

Does anybody know approximately how long it takes for the results to come back?
Same, good luck
Thoughtless
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Holsy)
Do they send the scores to the medschools when you take it, or is written down on your UCAS?
Yeah thats basically what i meant, because I will prob want to send off my UCAS appliaction before taking the UKCAT and I was wondering if this was possible.
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Holsy)
Do they send the scores to the medschools you've applied for on your UCAS when you have both taken it and send your UCAS, or is written down on your UCAS?

-edited for clarity, woops-
I assume the universities just request the results when they've received your application, although I'm not 100% on that
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah thats basically what i meant, because I will prob want to send off my UCAS appliaction before taking the UKCAT and I was wondering if this was possible.
You should check with both UCAS and Pearson Vue before doing it, else you run the risk of your application being a major balls-up :p:
Holsy
Rep:
?
Thanks, Alex. I'll check.
Thoughtless
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ive just read somewhere that UCAS dont forward the applications to the relevant unis until the 15th October nomatter when you sent them in.
I'm still looking for something official saying that though.
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Holsy)
Thanks, Alex. I'll check.
As long as you aren't planning on doing anything unusual with your application timings there won't be a problem, I'm sure they've got the system sorted by now
Holsy
Rep:
?
As long as you aren't planning on doing anything unusual with your application timings there won't be a problem, I'm sure they've got the system sorted by now
I'm taking my UKCAT on the 13th so it won't be a problem.
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ive just read somewhere that UCAS dont forward the applications to the relevant unis until the 15th October nomatter when you sent them in.
I'm still looking for something official saying that though.
Really ^o)? I've never heard that before? I thought they liked to try and process applications as they get them in order to prevent a backlog of applicants
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Holsy)
I'm taking my UKCAT on the 13th so it won't be a problem.
Sorted! Just out of curiosity what work experience will you have done by the time you apply?
Holsy
Rep:
?
Sorted! Just out of curiosity what work experience will you have done by the time you apply?
I'll PM you it.
Thoughtless
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Really ^o)? I've never heard that before? I thought they liked to try and process applications as they get them in order to prevent a backlog of applicants
hmmm check this out http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?p=6118517
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (50)
23.58%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (69)
32.55%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (43)
20.28%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (18)
8.49%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
15.09%

Watched Threads