UKCAT 2008 Thread Watch

jjkkll
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by frankie77)
I did mine on Saturday. Completely ran out of time on QR, which wasn't helped my the 6 not working on my calculator and pen running out!

Overall was happy got

VR: 660
QR: 830
A: 680
DA: 760

which is about 732 avarage. I'm a grad though so expecting competition to be tough!

its tough for undergrad, its a joke for post grad, but im sure you will do good cos dat is one prety good ukcat.

what did u get for you degree?
scaryhair
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jjkkll)
my UKCAt is dawning on me like its the day after tomorrow, not really woried for some strange reason!!

but sacryhair when is yours?!!! im also generally **** at all the practise questions iv done!!
12th - a week today.
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by scaryhair)
12th - a week today.

you can wait and see how i do and if i come out with a **** score then you can worry!!
frankie77
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
its tough for undergrad, its a joke for post grad, but im sure you will do good cos dat is one prety good ukcat.

what did u get for you degree?
I got a first for my degree - in maths though, so although I know 830 for QR is great, I was still a bit irritated that I didnt have time to finish it all!

I UKCAT last year with no prep and got around 680, this year I did the practice test on the website, which made all the difference because I was more familiar withthe format. Also realised I was meant to press the "exhibit" button on some questions this year, I think I just ignored it last time around... oops

Also I recognised a few of the questions from last year, although obviously couldn't remember the answers!
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got a first for my degree - in maths though, so although I know 830 for QR is great, I was still a bit irritated that I didnt have time to finish it all!

I UKCAT last year with no prep and got around 680, this year I did the practice test on the website, which made all the difference because I was more familiar withthe format. Also realised I was meant to press the "exhibit" button on some questions this year, I think I just ignored it last time around... oops

Also I recognised a few of the questions from last year, although obviously couldn't remember the answers!
so to get any higher thant 830.900 on the QR you have to be a really luck ****, considering you have a maths degree!

where you applying?

and you should stick yourself into the Medicine 2009 Entry Choices thread!!!
frankie77
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

where you applying?

and you should stick yourself into the Medicine 2009 Entry Choices thread!!!
I will when I make some decisions!
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I will when I make some decisions!

where are you considering @ the moment?
jenifaar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by scaryhair)
Okay, I'm starting to get down about just how rubbish I am at the abstract and quantitative sections. For the quantitative, I don't understand why I am so bad, I've always been quite good at Maths.
I'm really worried that I'm going to come out with a crap score that will really bring down my application and therefore my chances
seriously, don't get down about it. you're probably better than you think. i found the practice questions on the website for QR waaay harder than the actual thing, and i didn't get far through them on the day (or so i felt) but i did alright. and abstract...all you can do is know the sort of thing to look for, so make sure you read through the explained answers for the practice questions.

i felt the same way as you about a week before mine, i thought i was going to come out of it with way less than 600 and really struggle even to get interviews, but on the day it went fine. so good luck, but don't stress - and remember, even if it doesn't goes as fab as you'd like, it's still only one bit of the application! good luck.
frankie77
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
where are you considering @ the moment?
Maybe Edinburgh (5yr), Newcastle (4 or 5 yr - undecided), HYMS possibly........ really need to start thinking about it!

Want to go to uni in the North or Scotland really.

Good luck for your UKCAT by the way!
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Maybe Edinburgh (5yr), Newcastle (4 or 5 yr - undecided), HYMS possibly........ really need to start thinking about it!

Want to go to uni in the North or Scotland really.

Good luck for your UKCAT by the way!

thanks!

what i did was got one of those ucas mapts and circled institutions in a n area
Kyalimers
Badges: 21
Report 10 years ago
thanks!

what i did was got one of those ucas mapts and circled institutions in a n area
Good luck V*s dude.
i'm no superman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Congrats to the lot of you on the previous page who did their UKCAT and got fantastic scores! Yeah I'm pretty much crapping myself about next Tuesday. I've decided NOT to reschedule - I'm going to sit it and do the best I can. If it rains that day, I know I'll do bad. I'm very superstitious about the weather with things like this. (Weird, I know...lol!)

I'm actually anticipating to see how you do jjkkll - I really hope you do really well! Good luck with it!
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sohanshah)
Good luck V*s dude.
Thanks *******n lol

(Original post by !MEna)
Congrats to the lot of you on the previous page who did their UKCAT and got fantastic scores! Yeah I'm pretty much crapping myself about next Tuesday. I've decided NOT to reschedule - I'm going to sit it and do the best I can. If it rains that day, I know I'll do bad. I'm very superstitious about the weather with things like this. (Weird, I know...lol!)

I'm actually anticipating to see how you do jjkkll - I really hope you do really well! Good luck with it!
i damn hope i do well aswell, and thanks!!

ill let you know how it goes!!
Reg_168
Report 10 years ago
Hi everyone, just done my UKCAT a few days ago

VR: 690
QR: 710
AR: 650
DA: 520

Average: 642.5

Im fairly pleased with my result, but a bit annoyed with the decision analysis because I thought I done really well in that bit.

Does anybody know if King's will consider my UKCAT score?
Also I heard that Leicester use the lowest subtest score, can anyone confirm that.

Good luck to those going to take the UKCAT. Cheers
MaybeMedic
Report 10 years ago
To anyone that has done the test.

Are the passages in verbal reasoning really long?

and are the tables/graphs in quantitavie reasoning hard to understand at first?

In decision analysis are the codes very long too, or are they just like that towards the end?
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MaybeMedic)
To anyone that has done the test.

Are the passages in verbal reasoning really long?

and are the tables/graphs in quantitavie reasoning hard to understand at first?

In decision analysis are the codes very long too, or are they just like that towards the end?

i would alos like somone to answer this!, but if no one answers i guess ill have to find out myself tomorrow!!
iheartvet
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
the passages were not VERY long. some are easier than others, as in less boring, haha.
the quantitative is not hard at all, but i found the time to be a real problem.
i normally got almost all of the decision analysis correct on the practice, but for some reason did not do as well on the actual exam. that is not say that it was harder, maybe i was just tired after the first three sections, who knows....
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i just did the UKCAT Short Practise Test. and got :
7/12 -VR - ran out of time
8/12 -QR - ran out of time
10/15 - AR
5/11 - DA

what are others getting in this test??
x.beth.x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Anyone got any tips for AR?

I've started looking at some questions on all the sections and this definitely seems to be my weakest point at the moment. DA and VR are ok and quantitive I just kept making silly mistakes on. But AR I'm not sure how to spot the pattern tbh. Has anyone got any step by step advice?
OriginofSymmetry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i would alos like somone to answer this!, but if no one answers i guess ill have to find out myself tomorrow!!
The verbal passages are mixed, some are short, some are long.

Some of the QR questions are quite hard to grasp, i ended up skipping some of them and not having enough time to go back, but i got 810 so its not too important.

And yes, the codes are long after about half way and are so very annoying.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (59)
22.1%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (91)
34.08%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (57)
21.35%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (25)
9.36%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (35)
13.11%

Watched Threads