The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

so you guys reckon its best to finish them all rather than do say 25/40 real accurately? i think i am going to go through them all and guess the hardest ones so that i get the whole way through without guessing all the end ones which could be easier...

good game plan? bad game plan?
guess the hard ones and answer as many of the easy ones as accurately as you can. try and get about half of them right.
i am giving advice, but i only got an average score. be warned...
my advice for QR is to guess the hard ones that requires a lot of work and mark it for review. and for the easy ones make sure you get them right. try not to dwell on a question too long - if you catch yourself sitting there with a bunch of ????s over your head, guess, mark for review, and move on.
Reply 444
Btw, do they give you a calculator, or do you bring one yourself? Or is it like a computer calculator that you have to use?
They give you a simple calculator capable only of basic arithmetic. You aren't allowed your own. Make sure you are given one before you start too.
Reply 446
OriginofSymmetry
They give you a simple calculator capable only of basic arithmetic. You aren't allowed your own. Make sure you are given one before you start too.

Oh. That sucks lol. I hate those basic calculators. I'm so used to the scientific/graphical ones. Meh.
so one without brackets etc on it?? great
by the way, you know the screens with all the written info on that you must scroll down before doing the rest of the test and all the info in decision analysis, does anyone actually read it or do you think you can just skip the screen a.s.a.p. and start the test section?
Reply 449
* Dain Bramaged
by the way, you know the screens with all the written info on that you must scroll down before doing the rest of the test and all the info in decision analysis, does anyone actually read it or do you think you can just skip the screen a.s.a.p. and start the test section?

you can skip it, but you have pleanty of time for DA its just Vr and Qr that is far toooo short
I got through all of the verbal, but you have two minutes to do each section in order to get through all of them.
o ryt... what bout abstract?
you have to move quickly, but you can get through all of them. if you are unsure about a pattern, guess and come back to it if you have time at the end. you do not have too much time to think!
iheartvet
I got through all of the verbal, but you have two minutes to do each section in order to get through all of them.

sorry, what do ya mean? don't really understand :rolleyes: 2 mins for what?
for each passage and the four corresponding questions.
o ryt, so its best nt to read the blurb at the start,
for reading the instructions of each section you have one minute. you cannot reclaim the instructions minute for answering questions. so say the verbal is 22 minutes. the first minute of that is for instructions. and then you have 21 minutes to answer the questions. that does not mean that you can use that minute for the instructions towards answering questions. does that make sense?
Reply 457
iheartvet
for reading the instructions of each section you have one minute. you cannot reclaim the instructions minute for answering questions. so say the verbal is 22 minutes. the first minute of that is for instructions. and then you have 21 minutes to answer the questions. that does not mean that you can use that minute for the instructions towards answering questions. does that make sense?

i did for the QR i just cliked Next and i gained 40 seconds :biggrin:
Are the instructions exactly the same as the ones on the practise test on the UKCAT site? I'd rather use that minute to answer as many questions as possible tbh!

I just finished the 21 questions in the Passing the UKCAT and BMAT and got 14/21 which I'm actually quite pleased with. It gets so complicated when they throw in a opposite, negative, then opposite and then expand and some other crazy coding right after another in one long question. As for abstract reasoning, well, LOL it's going to depend on how lucky I am on the day. On some days I get a lot right and on some other days I get so many wrong. Some set patterns are really hard to differentiate between and you've got to be quick to get through the 65 questions in 16 minutes.

I can hand on heart say I have no idea how on earth I'll get through both the verbal reasoning and quantitive reasoning. Easily my worst two sections. I'll probably do better just guessing ALL questions than actually trying but I haven't got the balls to do that haha!

Not long to go now for me. Just got today, the weekend, and Monday and then Tuesday is here. :ninja:
yer as jjkkll said above ^^ thats what i assumed ya could do.

Latest

Trending

Trending