The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
aww thanks guys :smile:, well timing wise i was kinda worried, but following advice given on here, I read the instructions on the practice exams and in the real thing I went straight into the questions (saving about a minute). I tried to pace myself, which I think I managed to do (even had 2-3 mins to spare in VR and AR), and in QR my calculator didn't work properly so I had to end up guessing some of them (educated, of course :wink: ).

Anyways, have you guys done yours, or are you still preparing.

And also, I presume that we don't need to stick our ukcat results on the ucas "qualification" section, do we? Ukcat usually send the results automatically...right?
Reply 581
I've got mine on the 26th. Proper nervous about it. I hate exams you can't revise for.

Ooo so can you save the minute then by not reading the instructions?

No idea about the ucas thing. Where are you thinking of applying to?
Reply 582
Raquel//
I've got mine on the 26th. Proper nervous about it. I hate exams you can't revise for.

Ooo so can you save the minute then by not reading the instructions?

No idea about the ucas thing. Where are you thinking of applying to?

I was scared too, but its a huge relief once you get it done. And as for exams you can't revise for, you CAN prepare for them, by doing tons of practice questions.

The instructions are almost the same as the ones in the practice questions, so if you read them on the day of the exam, prior to starting, it saves time reading the same thing again in the venue.

My Uni Choices:
Imperial (Main Choice)
King's College
UCL / Nottingham (haven't decided)
St. Georges

Good luck!
Here are my results:

Verbal: 620
Quantitative: 810
Abstract: 580
Decision Analysis: 750

Average: 690

Non cognitive analysis:
"Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest that you place a higher value on the needs, well-being, and rights of individuals. This approach may cause you a dilemma when they appear to conflict with the expectations of society. In such circumstances you may be more likely then most to support the rights and beliefs of the individual over those of society or community."

I am SO relieved it is over and done with! I am very shocked with my QR score, as I was finding that section the worst - guys, the questions in this section are SO much easier than on the website practises. I always knew I'd do awfully on AR, so I'm not too worried about that. Quite a range, but I'm pleased with my average as I was dreading to get an average in the 400's or something!
Also, I found the timing very reasonable. For those yet to take it, I answered everything (guessed a few because I didn't know what the hell the answer was!) but I got through all of the questions in the time limit. For VR, AR and DA I even had time to check over them all!
I think the trick is to stay calm, and don't panic! Nerves will only distract you, and the more focussed you can stay on the task, the better.
Earplugs are a must also :smile:
Reply 584
scaryhair
Here are my results:

Non cognitive analysis:
"Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest that you place a higher value on the needs, well-being, and rights of individuals. This approach may cause you a dilemma when they appear to conflict with the expectations of society. In such circumstances you may be more likely then most to support the rights and beliefs of the individual over those of society or community."

I am SO relieved it is over and done with! I am very shocked with my QR score, as I was finding that section the worst - guys, the questions in this section are SO much easier than on the website practises. I always knew I'd do awfully on AR, so I'm not too worried about that. Quite a range, but I'm pleased with my average as I was dreading to get an average in the 400's or something!
Also, I found the timing very reasonable. For those yet to take it, I answered everything (guessed a few because I didn't know what the hell the answer was!) but I got through all of the questions in the time limit. For VR, AR and DA I even had time to check over them all!
I think the trick is to stay calm, and don't panic! Nerves will only distract you, and the more focussed you can stay on the task, the better.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i think that says it all really) and props for finishing it in the time allowed, and im must be unlucky cos my entire test was stupidly hard!!!!

But well done!
Congratulations.
Where do you want to apply for university?
Danielisew
Congratulations.
Where do you want to apply for university?

Edinburgh, Cardiff are both definites. Sheffield is likely. I'm not sure about my fourth choice, it's probably going to be out of Peninsula, Leeds or somewhere else.
jjkkll
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i think that says it all really) and props for finishing it in the time allowed, and im must be unlucky cos my entire test was stupidly hard!!!!

But well done!

Congratulations Scary Hair!

It is great to have it done and out of the way now. I am so impressed by your Decision Analysis and Quantitative scores! Well done...
Jiffy
big relief...I've finished my UKCAT and don't have to worry about it for the rest of the year... and a vbig thankyou to everyone whose been giving me advice and support...thanks!...people are right about it, you really shouldn't worry about the whole exam...

My Scores:

VR: 720
QR: 760
AR: 720
DA: 690

Average: 722.5

does anyone know how good these scores are, and whether the uni's i'm applying to would like them (KCL, and st. georges)

cheers once again!

Jiffy

Congratulations! Those are brilliant scores, and so consistent (unlike mine :p:)
With an average over 700, I doubt you'll have any problems with applying to any universities with respect to the UKCAT part of your application.
Well done once more :smile:
iheartvet
Congratulations Scary Hair!

It is great to have it done and out of the way now. I am so impressed by your Decision Analysis and Quantitative scores! Well done...

Well done to scaryhair and jiffy. Those are some excellent scores.
Reply 592
Jiffy
big relief...I've finished my UKCAT and don't have to worry about it for the rest of the year... and a vbig thankyou to everyone whose been giving me advice and support...thanks!...people are right about it, you really shouldn't worry about the whole exam...

Jiffy

well done you! you did fantastically :smile: nice one!
scaryhair
Here are my results:

Non cognitive analysis:

well done scaryhair too! that's also a fab score. im glad it went well for you :biggrin: and also, you have the exact same non cognitive analysis comment as me!

i bet you're both so happy it's over, you both did great, so you can now relax and be glad it's all done :smile:
Reply 593
scaryhair
Here are my results:

Non cognitive analysis:

Oooh congrats! Gosh everyone's so clever around here. Now you've only got Thursday to worry about :p:
well done both of you!
Brilliant scores! ANy university will want you in their universities! Brilliant scores!
Reply 595
finally, i've done! scores were:

VR: 730
QR: 650
AR: 680
DA: 710
Overall average was 693. i'm happy with that. do people think that places like manchester & newcastle would be?
also, i found out that i didn't need earplugs because they provided huge block-out-all-noise headphones. :biggrin:
Reply 596
Everyone's done so well today. Congrats guys :smile:
Reply 597
lotusx

Overall average was 693. i'm happy with that. do people think that places like manchester & newcastle would be?
also, i found out that i didn't need earplugs because they provided huge block-out-all-noise headphones. :biggrin:

great score! im pretty sure they would be! you're way up at the high end up the 500-700 average, and your scores are fairly nice and consistent too, so id imagine a score like this can only help your application :smile: nice one.
everyone has done sooo well today!
Well done!
Impressive!
Reply 599
lotusx

Newcastle use the UKCAT to select applicants for interview. And a score of 2770 is very good - you'd have a solid chance of getting as interview as long as you're predicted AAA at A2.
Not sure about Manchester... Although I don't think it's anywhere near as UKCAT heavy.

Barts, Kings, Newcastle, Durham and Edinburgh are the UKCAT heavy unis that I can think of.

Latest

Trending

Trending